Social Media Manager – Lifestyle & Homes
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Social Media Manager (Lifestyle and Homes hub) to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Women’s Health. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
You’ll work within Hearst’s Lifestyle and Homes hub on three of its biggest brands, Good Housekeeping (core), Country Living and House Beautiful. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced social media manager with a genuine passion for homes, gardens, food and travel content.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You’ll oversee the day-to-day strategy of all three brands working as part of their friendly central digital teams with support from Hearst’s audience development team. You’ll experiment with new social platforms (such as Tiktok) elevating each brand’s USP and finding new audiences in the process. You’ll be responsible for creating and overseeing a strategy that ensures each brand’s social growth and health.
- Defining and owning a strong social media strategy to retain and increase engagement, referral traffic and following across both brands and maintaining general social health across platforms.
- Use creativity and brand tones to drive traffic to the website from all social media platforms.
- Use creativity and brand tones to drive engagement and grow social followings.
- Manage the daily publishing schedule across the brands social sites.
- Experiment and strategize for new platforms relevant to the brands.
- Learning and using Crowd Tangle to see what’s trending on social for platform strategy, and train section editors and writers on Crowd Tangle so they can identify content opportunities.
- Lead the social media coverage of live ‘moments’ including events and TV shows.
- Work closely with the Head of Social Media and the Digital Editor to determine a viable video strategy to be implemented across our social platforms that drives revenue growth.
- Constant awareness and communication of developments in terms of platforms, trends (both current and future) and how they apply to our lifestyle and homes brands.
- Weekly reporting of social successes, trends and engagement.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the social media space.
- A proven track record of running social media content production
- A thorough understanding of each social media platform and best processes for publishing and growth.
- Comprehensive experience working with Google Analytics and social media analytics tools such as CrowdTangle, Dash Hudson and individual platform analytics is essential.
- Passionate about food, homes and lifestyle topics.
- The ability to deliver a clear and cohesive platform-by-platform plan that feeds into our overall brand goals, communicating this in a way that motivates and inspires.
- Photoshop experience preferred.
- Experience working towards and delivering challenging KPIs.
- Experience navigating sensitive or controversial issues on social preferred
- Flexible working attitude and collaborative team player, ready to cover breaking news, generate meme ideas and remain calm under pressure, essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.