PinkNews is an LGBT+ publication for the global Gen Z audience and those who think like Gen Z, our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves. We now reach over 50 million unique users per month across our website, socials and app.
As we continue to grow and diversify our content output we are seeking a Social Media Executive to join our expanding Audience and Growth team.
The role will be responsible for coordinating social media coverage, including creating posts for Instagram, Twitter threads and Moments, and liaising with our Video Production team on a daily basis.
You will report to the Social Media and Community and support the team with our aim to turn new readers into returning readers, returning readers into loyal readers, and loyal readers into paid subscribers and app users. We are dedicated to achieving global equality for LGBT+ people by informing, engaging and empowering our customers through award-winning content, live events and bespoke products and services and our audience and growth team is central to this mission.
- Support and execute the implementation of the social media strategy for PinkNews social channels
- Maintain our social media tone of voice and style guidelines across the platforms
- Support the Video Production team on their social content with particular focus on Twitter monetization rules, reviewing all content, flagging with manager if necessary
- Manage the content for our social platforms to include but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Web Stories and Instagram
- Work with the Audience team to ensure content calendars are up to date
- Brief the Design team for custom graphics and illustrations
- Work with the Social Media and Community Manager to implement the findings from weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Keep up to date and experiment with new features across all social platforms
- Support the Audience Engagement Executive to brainstorm ideas for audience engagement social posts
- Play an active role in company culture and live the PinkNews values
- Keep up to date with industry trends, finding innovative ways to enhance performance across our social platforms
Key Skills and Experience
- A passion for LGBT+ content and a belief in equality for all
- Copywriting and community management skills
- Knowledgeable of social insights and experience using social listening and reporting tools such as Falcon, Sprout Social or Hootsuite
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools such as Photoshop or Premiere Pro
- Experience of writing weekly and monthly reports on social media activity
- Passionate about social media and keeping up to date with current digital trends
- Comfortable working with data and reporting on progress
- Experienced at using social media platforms (particularly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and a desire to keep up with the latest developments
- Salaries starting from £24,000 DOE
- 32 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Flexible/ hybrid working
- Employee Referral Programme
- Access to great development opportunities and wider team training
- Access to Spill and EAP
- Please submit a CV and cover letter with your application. We look forward to hearing from you — [email protected]
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.