PinkNews is an LGBT+ publication for the global Gen Z audience and those who think like Gen Z, our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves. We now reach over 50 million unique users per month across our website, socials and app.
As we continue to grow and diversify our content output we are seeking a Social Media and Community manager to join our expanding Audience and Growth team.
The role will lead on social media management for PinkNews, you will be responsible for social media strategy, implementing campaigns and oversight of community management across our platforms.
You will report to the Head of Audience and support the team with our aim to turn new readers into returning readers, returning readers into loyal readers, and loyal readers into paid subscribers and app users. We are dedicated to achieving global equality for LGBT+ people by informing, engaging and empowering our customers through award-winning content, live events and bespoke products and services and our audience and growth team is central to this mission.
- Manage PinkNews social platforms, support the creation of social strategies and help with web and video content planning, attending meetings and writing trending reports
- Work with internal teams to set and maintain social media style guidelines; ensure our social content is high quality and in line with our tone of voice.
- Support the Head of Audience and input into the overall audience strategy as well as reporting on new platform trends and social opportunities to explore
- Oversee the community management of social channels, assisting with the creation of a moderation framework and community standards
- Support and amplify PinkNews products and events
- Track and report on audience engagement across all platforms, including Twitter video, using this data to influence strategies and continue to grow brand awareness
- Develop and execute a comms strategy for MyPinkNews members – our most loyal audience – and help in growing our subscriber base with the support of our Product team
- Line management responsibilities of two executives, supporting their professional and personal development
- Play an active role in company culture and live the PinkNews values, be an inspiring leader
- Keep up to date with industry trends, finding innovative ways to enhance performance across our socials
Key Skills and Experience
- A passion for LGBT+ content and a belief in equality for all
- Strong copywriting and community management skills
- Knowledgeable of social insights and experience using social listening and reporting tools
- Previous experience working within a media, publishing or journalism environment preferred
- Passionate about social media and keeping up to date with current global digital trends and opportunities – TikTok/Snap exp. Is a big tick
- A keen interest and experience in analytics and turning data into actionable insights
- Experienced at using social media platforms (particularly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and a desire to keep up with the latest developments
- Competitive salary
- 32 days’ annual leave including bank holidays + birthday day off
- Flexible/ hybrid working
- Employee Referral Programme
- Access to great development opportunities and wider team training
- Access to Spill and EAP
- Please submit a CV and cover letter with your application. We look forward to hearing from you — [email protected]
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.