IBM Technology Garage – Cloud Engineer
Cloud Engineers in IBM’s Garage are part of a cross-functional team delivering a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will use contemporary technologies and approaches to design, develop, test, and deliver solutions.
You will apply a user-centric approach to ensure all features add value for the user and achieve the desired client impact. You understand the nuances of different cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem) and implications for solution design.
You understand the relationship among various technologies and architectures and how they contribute to the overall solution. You will develop a deep understanding of complex, large scale multi-region solutions which utilize multiple independent life cycle microservices. An ideal candidate will be familiar with Design Thinking, Behaviour and Test-Driven Development, and application of Agile methodologies.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning; stay current on IBM strategies and offerings with understanding of technical principles of Docker and Kubernetes
• Use DevOps engineering practices and methods to plan and create software applications
• Employs IBM’s Design Thinking to create products and services that provide a great user experience
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Experience with hands-on software engineering
- Basic knowledge of various cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem)
- Design and implement automated cloud solutions that implement CI/CD best practices
- Experience of containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)