PinkNews is an LGBT+ publication and our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves. We now reach over 50 million unique users per month across our website, socials and app.
As we continue to grow and diversify our content output we are seeking an Entertainment News Reporter to join our dynamic and award-winning newsroom. The role will encompass writing everything from breaking news, features and interviews, and ensuring PinkNews remains at the forefront of publishing global LGBT+ news and content.
This is an exciting time to join our team where no two days are the same. We deliver quality journalism and original content across all platforms to a global audience. We are dedicated to achieving global equality for LGBT+ people by informing, engaging and empowering our customers through award-winning content, live events and bespoke products and services.
As PinkNews expands on to new platforms and into new territories, we expect our content to deepen our relationship with the tens of millions of people who engage with our content every month as well as establishing relationships with a whole new audience — and our newsroom is central to this mission.
- Produce first class entertainment news content and respond quickly to the daily news cycle
- Source and write exclusive entertainment news stories relevant to our readers
- Cultivate and manage influential sources to maintain a flow of original news stories
- Work collaboratively with the wider PinkNews team to identify relevant stories for our platforms including; Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube
- Good knowledge of media law, checking stories for accuracy and ensuring it is in line with the PinkNews values and tone of voice
- Work with the audience team to ensure that your stories are optimised to reach wider audiences
- Play an active role in company culture and live the PinkNews values, be an inspiring leader
- Keep up to date with industry trends, finding innovative ways to enhance performance across our website
Key Skills and Experience
- NCTJ or relevant experience working in a fast-paced news room
- A keen interest and understanding of all things LGBT+ culture and celebrity news.
- A passion for LGBT+ content and a belief in equality for all
- Ability to identify, pitch and write original and engaging stories
- An understanding of SEO and publishing to a social audience
- A proven track record of agenda-setting culture/entertainment reporting with a wide range of contacts
- Competitive salary
- 32 days’ annual leave including bank holidays + birthday day off
- Flexible/ hybrid working
- Employee Referral Programme
- Access to great development opportunities and wider team training
- Access to Spill and EAP
- Please submit a CV and cover letter with your application. We look forward to hearing from you — [email protected]
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.