PinkNews is the publication for the global Gen Z audience and those who think like Gen Z. Our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves. We now reach over 50 million unique users per month across our website, app and social footprint.
As we continue to grow and diversify our content output we are seeking an experienced and design obsessed Creative Lead to head up our talented design team. The Creative Lead will have responsibility for the creative direction of the whole PinkNews brand — with video and graphic design across socials, our owned and operated platforms and products, and our commercial content, this role will ensure PinkNews has a strong and clearly defined brand identity.
The Creative Lead reports into the Director of Content and will be an excellent communicator and collaborator as well as a confident designer with lots of ideas and industry knowledge. You can look forward to working cross-departmentally with editorial, video, social and commercial teams. As a natural leader you will provide motivation and support to our designers who ideate and create motion graphics, illustrations, UX and UI assets as well as graphic and commercial designs.
As PinkNews expands on to new platforms and into new territories, we expect our content, products and services to deepen our relationship with the tens of millions of people who engage with our content every month as well as establishing relationships with a whole new set of consumers — and our creative is central to communicating the PinkNews brand identity and values to our diverse and global audience.
- Manage the design team, currently a talented team of 3
- Ideate, create and lead the creative approach across PinkNews channels, products and digital campaigns —- design, art direction, video motion graphics
- Work with the video team leads to deliver motion graphics video content for PinkNews’ social output
- Lead designers and producers in the delivery of fully animated projects on Snapchat and other platforms
- Continually manage the PinkNews brand identity ensuring it is unified and consistent across all projects and platforms
- Work with the product and tech team on UX and UI creative across the PinkNews website, app, CRM assets and other owned and operated platforms and products
- Work with the commercial team to manage the designs and creative of PinkNews.Shop
- Lead on commercial design projects; helping create presentations, pitches, marketing collateral, branded campaigns and other assets for internal and client use
- Work with the partnerships team to provide the best possible creative solutions for PinkNews clients
- Improve design workflow processes and ensure effective delegation of design tasks
- Be a leader and creative mentor — uphold a strong design team culture; growing, motivating, training and upskilling the team
- Relevant creative and design experience
- Keen eye for design and design trends
- Passionate about creating innovative designs for all platforms and products
- Well versed in creative for all social platforms, including Snapchat
Skills and experience
- Top skills using Adobe CC — Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Understanding of UX and UI
- Experience of creative solutions and the commercial pitch process
- Knowledge of email marketing
- Experience of managing and leading a design team
- Competitive salary, £DoE
- 30 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, supportive and social (albeit currently remote!) team environment
- Please send your CV, a cover letter and examples of your work to [email protected] All interviews will be conducted over Zoom.
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.
We value all applications however we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates. Thank you for understanding.