Content Assistant and Researcher
PinkNews is the publication for the global Gen Z audience and those who think like Gen Z. Our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves. We now reach over 50 million unique users per month across our website, app and socials.
We are looking for a keen, social media-savvy individual to help our production team find the very best content on the internet. As PinkNews’ video output continues to grow, we are seeking new Content and Research Assistants to spend their time searching through all social platforms, sourcing content for PinkNews to feature and to gain relevant permissions from the content creators.
The candidate will work closely with the production team and learn the process of video content creation in a fast-paced publishing environment. They will have the opportunity to learn about social publishing, social analytics, as well as have the opportunity to be involved with video editing and social content creation (creating posts, scheduling content, script writing etc.)
If candidates have an interest in pop culture, influencers and trending topics, that will bring an added bonus to the role.
Skills and experience
- Good use of spelling, punctuation and grammar
- A keen eye for viral content amongst a range of social platforms
- A team player and positive personality
- Basic understanding of Adobe Premiere (bonus, not essential)
- Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]. All interviews will be conducted over Zoom.
In order to apply, please send your cover letter and CV. For our entry level role the most important aspect of your application is the cover letter – SELL YOURSELF! No degree or
industry experience is required to thrive in this role, just a passion for the media industry, social media and belief in yourself.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- What do you love/makes you tick?
- What interests you about the media industry?
- Where do you gain inspiration from?
- What do you enjoy about PinkNews and our video content?
- Tell us about your fave social platform & why.
- What sets your personality apart from others?
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.