At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as Good Housekeeping’s Assistant Digital Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
The assistant digital editor will work with the Lifestyle digital director and the deputy digital editor across goodhousekeeping.com/uk and be involved in all key areas of strategy including traffic, video, social, newsletters and ecommerce. The assistant digital editor will work on commissioning and editing features relevant to a GH audience and strengthen the brand’s reputation for quality journalism online.
This role sits within the digital team and reports to the Lifestyle digital director. The role will work with stakeholders across commercial, digital, the Hearst Institute and particularly with Hearst’s Lifestyle division including section editors from fashion to features.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Write daily news and features for GH UK online across women’s interests, entertainment, celebrity, books and homes.
- Work with the deputy digital editor, editing, proof reading and approving content for publication, including headlines and pictures.
- Work with the lifestyle digital director, deputy digital editor and the central ecomms team on GH.com/uk’s ecommerce strategy planning for key moments.
- Support the Lifestyle digital director on integration strategy working closely with features and consumer teams across Hearst’s Lifestyle division with a view to sharing content and ideas.
- Assist the Lifestyle digital director and the deputy digital editor in supporting and training internal contributors to GH.com/uk including junior writers, helping with their training and development.
- Work with the Lifestyle digital director in shaping and implementing the ongoing digital strategy for 2020 and beyond.
- Work with the social media manager and the head of social strategy managing elements of GH.com/uk’s social media strategy.
- Monitor and analyse web traffic data – including traffic, content engagement and video.
- Oversee contributions from the Lifestyle celebrity team including video content from cover shoots and celebrity interviews – approving final edits.
- Monitor and maintain SEO of the Lifestyle section of the site and developing a strategy to increase traffic and engagement.
- Represent GH to external parties and at key events
- Committed to creating diverse and inclusive content.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Working with the Lifestyle Digital Director and Deputy Digital Editor you’ll work on Good Housekeeping’s digital strategy increasing traffic and ecommerce revenue including helping build GH’s weekly newsletters, driving traffic and new sign ups. You’ll write news and features ensuring Good Housekeeping’s values of tried, tested and trusted are always upheld.
You’ll already have strong experience working for a high-profile digital brand at senior writer or section editor level. Proven experience of ecommerce is essential for this role as is an understanding of an SEO strategy. A keen interest in key GH pillars such as home décor, food, gardening, fashion and beauty is a must.
- First rate writing and editing skills.
- An analytical mind with an extremely developed attention to detail.
- Organised, meticulous and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of traffic building.
- Good working knowledge of social media and SEO best practice.
- Some experience managing and developing junior writers and interns.
- Understanding of the GH brand and the digital landscape.
- Experience in using analytics tools to analyse data and implement improvements.
- A confident communicator.
- Understanding of affiliate revenue and the importance of ecommerce strategies.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!