Couple drop restraining order against Ezra Miller after claiming actor threatened to ‘bury’ them
A Hawaii couple who filed a restraining order against Ezra Miller, claiming the actor threatened to “bury” them, have dropped their petition.
The couple had been granted a temporary restraining order after alleging that the star of The Flash threatened to kill them, but have now dropped their case before a hearing could go ahead.
Miller, 29, was arrested on 28 March at a bar in the town of Hilo, Hawaii, after becoming “agitated” when other “patrons at the bar began singing karaoke”.
They were held in custody on charges of disorderly conduct and harassment.
According to police, Miller had become upset when patrons began singing the Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper hit “Shallow”, and “grabbed the microphone from a 23-year-old woman” before “yelling obscenities” and lunging at a “32-year-old man playing darts”.
At the time, the couple said the Fantastic Beasts star had been staying with them in a hostel, and the husband and wife reportedly paid the $500 to bail Miller out of jail following their arrest.
But the next day, the couple filed for a restraining order against Miller, alleging that the actor threatened to kill them. According to the complaint, seen by People, they claimed that Miller “burst into the bedroom of the petitioner(s) and threatened” the couple, allegedly telling the husband: “I will bury you and your s**t wife.”
They also claimed that Miller stole a wallet, social security card, driver’s license, passport and bank cards from them, and said that they feared further “wrongful conduct” and “substantial emotional distress”
On 31 March, a judge granted a temporary restraining order, according to The Independent, and had set a hearing date for Wednesday, 13 April.
The couple’s legal representative said he would not be commenting, but that on Tuesday, 12 April, his clients no longer wanted to take legal action against Miller.
PinkNews has approached representatives for Ezra Miller for comment.