TV

Chris Noth ‘cut from And Just Like That… finale’ after sexual assault allegations

Josh Milton January 6, 2022
bookmarking iconSAVE FOR LATER
Chris Noth on the red carpet

Actor Chris Noth. (Mark Sagliocco/FilmMagic)

Sex and the City star Chris Noth has reportedly been edited out of the And Just Like That… finale amid sexual assault allegations.

Noth, who played Mr Big in the HBO series and its reboot, has been accused by several women of sexual harassment. He denies all claims.

His character died of a heart attack in the first episode of And Just Like That…, just before the first set of allegations were reported, but Noth was set to return for the season finale, TV Line reported.

The episode would have seen Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) reunited with her lost love in a heart-wrenching fantasy sequence, while scattering his ashes in Paris. Parker and Noth were spotted filming in France last year.

But according to sources, the creative team behind the Sex and the City sequel series have cut Noth from the scene entirely. The “minimal footage” he filmed was deemed not “integral to the scene”.

TVLine noted that And Just Like That…‘s ending had not been “locked” in place when the allegations against Noth surfaced.

Chris Noth ‘categorically denies’ sexual assault claims

In an explosive article published in The Hollywood Reporter last December, two women spoke out about alleged encounters with the 67-year-old.

One woman, when she was 22, said Chris Noth raped her at his Los Angeles, California, apartment. Another woman claimed Noth assaulted her in 2015 when she was 25-years-old following a date in New York City.

Two more women later accused Noth of sexual assault and misconduct over the following weeks.

Noth was promptly dropped from his lead role in CBS’ The Equaliser and an advertisement he filmed for Peloton was pulled by the luxury exercise bike-maker.

And Just Like That… star Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis sent out a joint statement in support of Noth’s accusers.

Actor Chris Noth and Sarah Jessica Parker on location for Sex and the City. (James Devaney/WireImage)

“We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences,” the three women wrote on Instagram. “We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”

At the time, Noth denied the first two allegations saying they’re “categorically false”.

“These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago – no always means no – this is a line I did not cross,” he said.

“The encounters were consensual. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out.

“I don’t know for certain why these are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.”

PinkNews contacted HBO Max and representatives of Chris Noth for comment.

Swipe sideways to view more posts!

Dismiss

Loading ...