Drag Race icon Alaska announces 2022 ‘Red 4 Filth’ tour – with comedy, music and gag-worthy outfits
Drag Race icon Alaska is heading out on her first ever headline US tour and tickets are now on sale.
The All Stars winner will perform dates across North America in 2022 between January and March.
Fans can expect new music alongside old favourites, noughties-inspired outfits and her signature brand of comedy on the tour.
The tour is in support of her forthcoming album Red 4 Filth which features the lead single “Red”, co-penned with those behind tracks by Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez.
Talking about the track and album Alaska says: “This song and this album are dedicated to the time when I first fell in love with music – around the turn of the century.
“We’re drawing upon the sounds and textures of the 90s and early 2000s, with pop songs that are about love and friendship. I love the music and I can’t wait to share it with you all.”
This year Alaska will also release her memoir My Name’s Yours, What’s Alaska? which tells the story of the small town kid raiding her grandma’s closet to becoming one of the most powerful drag queens in the galaxy.
From childhood struggles to life lessons learned, the RuPaul’s Drag Race All Star shares the challenges, life-changing discoveries, and victories that paved her path to superstardom.
Due for release on 9 November, Alaska says: “In this book I plan to tell the T, the whole T, and nothing but the T, so help me Goddess.”
“If a poor skinny queer boy from Erie, Pennsylvania can grow up to be an extra-terrestrial starlet of stage and screen, then truly anus-thing is possible,” she adds.
More from PinkNews
Since the show she’s launched the hugely popular podcast Race Chaser with fellow Drag Race alumni Willam, which sees them discuss and dissect every episode of the hit series.
The pair will head to the UK in 2022 for a tour which will see them record a live episode in front of audiences in different cities.
To find out Alaska’s full North American tour schedule and to get your hands on tickets, read below.
Alaska’s The Red 4 Filth US tour dates
- 19 January – Orlando, Soundbar – tickets
- 20 January – Tampa, Crowbar – tickets
- 21 January – Atlanta, Hell at Masquerade – tickets
- 22 January – Washington, Howard Theatre – tickets
- 23 January – Charlotte, Neighborhood Theatre – tickets
- 26 January – Richmond, Canal Club – tickets
- 27 January – Philadelphia, Foundry at Fillmore – tickets
- 28 January – New York, Sony Hall – tickets
- 29 January – Boston, Brighton Music Hall – tickets
- 30 January – Hamden, Space Ballroom – tickets
- 3 February – Toronto, Lee’s Palace – tickets
- 4 February – Detroit, Magic Stick – tickets
- 5 February – Chicago, Lincoln Hall – tickets
- 6 February – Indianapolis, Irving Theatre – tickets
- 9 February – Des Moines, Wooly’s – tickets
- 10 February – Milwaukee, Miramar Theatre – tickets
- 12 February – Kansas City, Recordbar – tickets
- 13 February – St. Louis, Red Flag – tickets
- 17 February – Tulsa, Vaguard – tickets
- 18 February – Oklahoma City, Tower Theatre – tickets
- 19 February – Austin, 3TEN at ACL Live – tickets
- 20 February – Dallas, Trees – tickets
- 24 February – Phoenix, Crescent Ballroom – tickets
- 25 February – San Diego, House of Blues – tickets
- 26 February – Los Angeles, The Belasco Theatre – tickets
- 3 March – San Francisco, The Independent – tickets
- 4 March – Portland, Hawthorne Theatre – tickets
- 5 March – Seattle, Neumos – tickets
- 6 March – Vancouver, Hollywood Theatre – tickets
- 11 March – Salt Lake City, Soundwell – tickets
- 12 March – Boulder, Fox Theatre – tickets
- 13 March – Denver, The Bluebird – tickets
This article contains affiliate links, PinkNews may earn revenue if you click through and purchase products through the links.