John Barrowman’s husband slams ‘vicious trolls’ after allegations of exposure and inappropriate behaviour
John Barrowman’s husband has hit out at “vicious trolls” after the Torchwood star was accused inappropriate behaviour with co-workers.
In the post, Gill said John Barrowman had been “hounded in the press and viciously attacked by trolls” after he was accused of exposing himself on the set of Doctor Who.
Gill continued: “But mostly it’s been amazing how many wonderful people have rallied around in support. To all of you who have sent us lovely messages – THANK YOU!”
He went on to praise Torchwood actor Gareth David-Lloyd, calling him “the true hero of the story” after he publicly defended Barrowman’s on-set behaviour.
Gill said David-Lloyd “selflessly ran into the burning building to save his buddy” after the allegations against Barrowman emerged.
“Gareth – you’ll get a big kiss from me too when I see you!” Gill wrote, along with the hashtags #TrueLoyalty and #MyHero.
John Barrowman thanked fans for sticking by him
Meanwhile, John Barrowman addressed the furore in an Instagram video shared on Monday (31 May).
“Hi everybody, it’s John here and I just want to say thank you very much to my fan family and everybody who has reached out with the countless messages of support over the last few weeks,” Barrowman said.
“It has meant such a great deal to me and it has really touched me to know that people are supporting me and standing by me and sending their love and all of their appreciation and kind words.”
Barrowman’s found himself embroiled in controversy in May when a video interview with actor Noel Clarke resurfaced.
More from PinkNews
In the video, Clarke – who has been accused of sexual misconduct by 20 women, claims he denies – said Barrowman would “take his d**k out every five seconds” on the set of Doctor Who.
Clarke went on to ask his co-star Camille Coduri whether she remembered the time he “put it on your shoulder in the makeup truck”, to which she replied: “Yes, I do.”
In a statement to The Guardian, Barrowman apologised for his “high-spirited behaviour” and said it was “only ever intended in good humour to entertain colleagues on set and backstage”.
He said he later came to understand that his behaviour upset colleagues, but insisted his actions were not sexually motivated.
Barrowman went on to explain that he changed his behaviour after Doctor Who producer Julie Gardner reprimanded him in 2008.
The Sun has reported that Barrowman won’t be returning to his judging slot on Dancing on Ice over the controversy, while a Torchwood audio drama was subsequently strapped entirely.