Menu

InstagramTwitterYouTubeFacebookSnapchat
Globe Icon
Join and support LGBT+ journalism

Join

and support
LGBT+ journalism

Crime

Rapist Harvey Weinstein begged Apple’s gay CEO Tim Cook to help save his ruined reputation

Patrick Kelleher March 11, 2020
Harvey Weinstein accuser suggests he is intersex as he has no testicles

Harvey Weinstein leaving Manhattan Criminal Court on January 27, 2020 (David Dee Delgado/Getty)

Harvey Weinstein wrote to Apple’s gay CEO Tim Cook begging for help as sexual assault allegations rolled in, newly unsealed court documents have revealed.

Contents of the court documents were revealed today (March 11) by Variety on the same day Weinstein was sentenced to 23 years in prison.

In an email written in 2017 shortly after sexual assault allegations were made against him, the 67-year-old disgraced movie mogul pleaded with Cook to come to his aid.

“I don’t need you to make any public statements – just a private one to my gmail address, saying that you support me getting therapy and the help I need before the board fires me,” he wrote.

Harvey Weinstein told Apple CEO Tim Cook he was ‘in a tough spot’ in a 2017 email.

“Im [sic] in a tough spot. Many of the allegations are false, but I need your help with this private letter of support.

“I’m going to get well, and if I pass the therapist test, then we can talk about reinstatement et cetera. But for now, I’m going to take a leave of absence and get healthy.”

Many of the allegations are false, but I need your help with this private letter of support.

He continued: “If they fire me now, it’ll destroy me personally and cause a huge legal battle, based on my rights with the company. But if I have support from someone like you getting me going into treatment and having the shot at a second chance (because people deserve a second chance), it would be very helpful.

“I would need something today if you can – I so appreciate it.”

He also sought help from other billionaires such as Mike Bloomberg and Jeff Bezos in similar emails.

Weinstein was sentenced to 23-years in prison for the sexual assault of Mimi Haleyi and Jessica Mann.

In 2017, the New York Times revealed sexual assault allegations against Weinstein. More than 80 women in the film industry subsequently accused him of assault.

Last month, he was convicted of sexually assaulting former production assistant Mimi Haleyi and former raping aspiring actress Jessica Mann.

He attended court in New York City today where he was handed his sentence of 23 years.

Court documents from the Weinstein trial were unsealed as he prepared to be sentenced today. The documents also revealed that, when contacted about allegations that he had sexually assaulted Jennifer Aniston, Weinstein said she “should be killed”.

A spokesperson for Aniston has since confirmed that the actress never made allegations of sexual assault against Weinstein, telling Variety: “Jennifer has not been harassed or assaulted by Harvey.”

 

 

More: Harvey Weinstein, Jessica Mann, metoo, Mimi Haleyi, New York, rape, sexual assault, tim cook

Click to comment

Swipe sideways to view more posts!

Dismiss

Loading ...

Close icon