Pensioner fined £750 after hosting sex party where a man overdosed and died after taking G
A pensioner has been let off with a £750 fine after a man overdosed on chemsex drugs at a party he hosted.
Robert Jones, aged 69, was issued a fine for supplying Class C drug GBL to Nicholas Hadley, who died of an overdose at his home near Bristol.
Bristol Crown Court heard that Jones used the website Fab Guys to advertise “a house party inviting participants to join him for consensual sexual activity.”
Man overdosed at chemsex party
According to the Bristol Post, prosecutor James Haskell told the court: “Nicholas Hadley attended. In the early hours of the next morning the defendant called 999, requesting an ambulance.
“Paramedics arrived at 6.50am. Sadly Mr Hadley was pronounced dead at 7.30am, despite attempts to resuscitate him.”
Jones initially told police that he had discovered Hadley drunk outside his home, but later admitted he met him online and invited him over.
According to the prosecutor, Jones admitted “he had given the deceased a Class C drug with his consent.”
A post-mortem later confirmed death was caused by a large overdose of GBL.
Representing himself in court, Jones said: “I would like to say how sorry I am regarding Mr Hadley’s death.
More from PinkNews
“It should not have happened. It’s been a difficult time for me, but obviously nothing compared to his family.
“I feel for them and I’d like to apologise to them.”
Pensioner let off with a fine
Judge Michael Longman issued a fine of £750, and ordered Jones to pay court costs of £275.
He told Jones: “You have expressed your regret and remorse as to the terrible outcome.
“I would like to express my own condolences to the family of Mr Hadley.”