André Aciman, the author of Call Me By Your Name, has announced that he is set to release a sequel – called Find Me – this October.

Find Me will be set in the distant future after the events of Call Me By Your Name and will follow Elio’s father, who is divorced, as well as Oliver and Elio, according to Vulture.



According to publishers Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Find Me will detail a chance encounter that changes Elio’s father’s life, and will also follow the lives of Oliver and Elio.

“Elio soon moves to Paris where he too has a consequential affair, while Oliver, now a professor in northern New England with sons who are nearly grown, suddenly finds himself contemplating a return visit to Europe,” the book’s publisher said.

The Call Me By Your Name sequel is due to hit bookshelves on October 29, 2019.

André Aciman announced that he was writing a sequel in December

The Call Me By Your Name author tweeted last December to announce the follow up, saying: “I would actually love a sequel to Call Me By Your Name. In fact I am writing one.”

Speaking to Vulture after the publisher announced the details of the follow-up, Aciman said the world of the novel “never left” him.

“Elio soon moves to Paris where he too has a consequential affair, while Oliver, now a professor in northern New England with sons who are nearly grown, suddenly finds himself contemplating a return visit to Europe.”

– Find Me publisher Farrar, Straus and Giroux

More from PinkNews

Stars You Didn't Know Were Gay Or Bisexual The Stars You Didn’t Know Have An LGBT Sibling The Straight Stars Who Went Gay For Pay

“The film made me realise that I wanted to be back with them and watch them over the years – which is why I wrote Find Me,” he said.

Before Aciman announced that he was writing a sequel, there had been much speculation about a potential follow-up to the 2017 film, which starred Armie Hammer and Timotheé Chalamet.

Call Me By Your Name sequel, Find Me, to be published in October
Call Me By Your Name (YouTube)

Last March, Call Me By Your Name‘s director Luca Guadagnino said that he was “already conceiving the story with André Aciman, and it’s gonna happen five or six years afterwards.”

“It’s gonna be a new movie, a different tone.” He added: “They’re gonna go around the world.”

Armie Hammer said a Call Me By Your Name sequel could be a ‘disappointment’

Timotheé Chalamet also said that a film sequel was in the works – and that both he and Armie Hammer would be happy to star in it.

“I think André is comfortable with a sequel being made. I know Luca really wants it,” he said. “And I know Armie and I are 1000% in.”

“If we do make a second one, I think we’re setting ourselves up for disappointment.”

However, Hammer said this week in an interview with Vulture that a second film may never be made, and that the much discussed project was still just talk.

“I’m sort of coming around to the idea that the first one was so special for everyone who made it, and so many people who watched it felt like it really touched them, or spoke to them,” Hammer said.

“And it felt like a really perfect storm of so many things, that if we do make a second one, I think we’re setting ourselves up for disappointment.”




Read This: The Celebrities That You Didn’t Realise Are Gay