Menu

InstagramTwitterYouTubeFacebookSnapchat
Globe Icon
Entertainment

Kevin Spacey to return to big screen next month after sexual misconduct allegations

Lauren Franklin June 13, 2018

Kevin Spacey will appear in cinemas at least one more time to star in Billionaire Boys Club - a film which was made at least a year before sexual misconduct allegations came to light (Getty)

Kevin Spacey is set to return to the big screen at least one more time after facing multiple sexual misconduct allegations last year.

Spacey, 58, stars in the upcoming Billionaire Boys Club and the newly-released trailer confirms his appearance didn’t end up on the cutting room floor.

Kevin Spacey will appear in cinemas at least one more time to star in Billionaire Boys Club – a film which was made at least a year before sexual misconduct allegations came to light (Getty)

The film was shot two years ago and more than 12 months before the allegations came to light, and also stars Ansel Elgort, Emma Roberts and Suki Waterhouse.

Spacey plays Ron Levin, a con artist who masterminded a Ponzi scheme in 1980s LA.

Following actor Anthony Rapp’s accusations against Spacey in October 2017, he was dropped from a number of projects he was involved with.

Netflix series House Of Cards, in which he played the lead role, had him written out, and director Ridley Scott had him cut from All The Money In The World and drafted in Christopher Plummer as a replacement.

The actor has been cut from a number of projects, including House of Cards (Netflix)

Star Trek: Discovery actor Rapp told BuzzFeed News last year that he had waited two decades to publicly name Spacey as the man who allegedly abused him when he was 14.

He said: “The older I get, and the more I know, I feel very fortunate that something worse didn’t happen.

“And at the same time, the older I get, the more I can’t believe it. I could never imagine [that] anyone else I know would do something like that to a 14-year-old boy.”

SAN DIEGO, CA - JULY 22: Anthony Rapp attends "Star Trek: Discovery" panel during Comic-Con International 2017 at San Diego Convention Center on July 22, 2017 in San Diego, California. (Photo by Mike Coppola/Getty Images)
Actor Anthony Rapp instigated a wave of sexual misconduct allegations against Spacey when he came forward last year (Mike Coppola/Getty)

In response Spacey stated that he had no recollection of the incident that occurred when he was 26, and also used the opportunity to come out as gay in a lengthy tweet.

He wrote: “But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour.

“This story has encouraged me to address other things about my life. I know that there are other stories out there about me and that some have been fueled by the fact that I have been so protective of my privacy.”

He added: “I now choose to live as a gay man.”

More: US

Read comments (0)

Close icon