Kevin Spacey is being investigated by police for a second sexual assault allegation
Kevin Spacey is being investigated by British police over a second alleged sexual assault, it is understood.
The Usual Suspects star has faced multiple accusations of inappropriate sexual behaviour – including rape – since Anthony Rapp accused him of making sexual advances on him when he was 14.
Last week, The Old Vic theatre in London revealed it had received 20 testimonies of inappropriate sexual behaviour by Spacey while he was artistic director at the theatre – with the most recent incident happening in 2013.
And earlier this month, the Metropolitan Police announced an investigation after the actor was accused by a 23-year-old man.
The alleged victim said he was invited to Spacey’s London home in 2008 for a drink, but passed out – and woke to find the Hollywood star performing oral sex on him.
In a statement released today, authorities said that another allegation had been made to them on Friday.
“On Wednesday, November 1, City of London Police referred an allegation of sexual assault to the Metropolitan Police Service,” they said.
“It is alleged a man assaulted another man, victim one, in 2008 in Lambeth.
“On Friday, November 17 a further allegation was made about the same man.
“The allegations are of sexual assaults against a man, victim two, in 2005 in Lambeth.
“Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating.”
The Old Vic said a “cult of personality” existed around Spacey during his nine years as director, adding that his status had stopped people – especially junior staff and actors – from coming forward, according to The Guardian.
It opened the investigation following a stream of allegations against the actor, including testimony from Mexican actor Rob Cavazos, who worked with Spacey at the Old Vic.
Cavazos alleged that Spacey approached him in “unpleasant encounters” which he said he would have termed “harassment” if he were a woman.
He said the American Beauty actor was commonly found at the theatre bar, “squeezing whoever caught his attention.”
Cavazos – who has been in Rush and Doctor Who – said at the time: “There are many of us who have a ‘Kevin Spacey story’.
“It seems that it only took a male under 30 to make Mr Spacey feel free to touch us.
“It was so common that it even became a local joke (in very bad taste).”
The Old Vic apologised “for not creating an environment or culture where people felt able to speak freely.”
Eight people have claimed that Spacey sexually harassed House of Cards employees during his time on the set, including one who he allegedly sexually assaulted.
There were many other allegations made after Rapp’s story became public.
A man on the east coast of the US said that Spacey repeatedly had sex with him when he was 14, adding: “He tried to rape me.”
Filmmaker Tony Montana also accused Spacey of having sexually assaulted him in 2003, saying: “He put his hand on my crotch forcefully and grabbed my whole package.”
Alleged victim, Daniel Beal said that Spacey showed him his penis in public when he was 19, before giving him his £5,000 watch to buy his silence.
“He said: ‘It’s big, isn’t it?’ He leaned over and tried to pull my hand towards it,” Beal told The Sun.
More from PinkNews
He accused Spacey of “grooming”.
Another man, who did not reveal his name, told the BBC he was left traumatised after waking to find Spacey lying on him, in his underwear, with his arms wrapped around him.
The man, who was a teenager at the time, said Spacey’s behaviour during that weekend was “either very stupid or predatory – or maybe a little of both.”
He added: “It seems he was grooming me.”
Related topics: alleged rape, alleged sexual assault, alleged sexual misconduct, entertainment, Film Reviews, Harvey Weinstein, House of Cards, Jeffrey Tambor, Kevin Spacey, Metropolitan Police, movies, netflix, the old vic, Theatre, US