Lesbian parents can’t contain their excitement with beautiful pregnancy photos
Starting a family can be one of the most rewarding and beautiful experiences anyone can go through.
And for LGBT+ people, overcoming the challenges of starting a family make the experience even more special.
These lesbian and bi mums shared photos of their bumps, scans, new families and pregnancy announcements because they couldn’t contain themselves.
The beautiful outpouring of love received from sharing these photos makes them very share-worthy.
Check out a selection of some of the best below:
1. This tatted mum and her growing family
“Love is all we need” – well we can’t argue with that!
2. This expectant mum who got a makeover to hang out at the beach
“This is the most beautiful pregnancy picture ever and you are a lesbian too. Congratulations to the both of you!”
3. This magical maternity magazine shoot
4. This fit mum shared a before and after pic – 40 weeks before and 1 week after!
“Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing what will be!”
5. Another photoshoot at a beautiful baby shower
“Oh baby! Do you know how lucky you and your mamas are? We spent baby shower 2 of 2 surrounded by even more of our loving, creative, hilarious, kind family members and friends. Plus the BIGGEST gluten-free cake I have ever seen. Just about two months to go…”
6. This yoga mum wanting the baby to come already
7. A couple with their baby and their bump!
8. Sharing the sometimes difficult journey – but over the moon that they heard the heartbeat 🙂
“We had our prenatal intake appointment with my midwife today! Discussed a plan of attack for monitoring and addressing the baby not wanting me to do anything but lay around and feeling like death. Blood work and all that fun stuff. And we got to listen to its itty bitty heartbeat, which made its mamas’ hearts happy. #12weeks #homebirth”
9. Proud mums enjoying their pregnancy journey
10. Possibly the best pregnancy announcement ever
Who IS the father?! She seems surprised 😉
11. Their baby is clearly a night owl!
“Early morning chats.. after 2 weeks away Kate got to feel sprout kick for the first time last night, and now is obsessed with chatting to it and waiting for movement. It’s most active at night but surely there’s a way to wake it up… ”
12. A mum who had Mexican for lunch 🙂
“A burrito bump or a baby bump?”
13. This fur baby can’t wait for the baby to come!
“Our sweet fur baby approves of the bassinet we bought the other day”.
14. This mum showing off her progress
15. They’ll never have to buy their new daugther clothes
“Opening our gifts we got at our baby shower on Saturday. Baby girl is so spoilt already. Her wardrobe is already bigger than mine.”
16. Expectant mothers hanging with their best friends
17. This was her wife’s favourite maternity pic
18. A little late to announce but definitely pregnant!
19. So excited!
“I got nothing but love for my baby”.
20. Sharing their difficult journey – but still happy!
“Last week we had our first pregnancy scare. The hospital was metallic and clinical. The doctor was unhelpful and disempowering. After a rough week with some spotting and an ultrasound without a heartbeat, we had a good blood test that showed R’s hormones are “rising nicely”. We feel fortunate for good community and right now we’re hopeful. It’s crazy that after just 6 weeks we’re already attached to our little nugget.”
21. “Hanging out with her future babysitter”
She looks thrilled 😉
22. Taking the new addition to see some music
Foo Fighters to be precise… start them young!
23. Shopping AND announcing that they’re having a girl
24. Welcoming their little one
Enjoying their maternity shoot too!