Good Morning Britain makes decision on Piers Morgan’s return to screens
Piers Morgan was left in agony earlier this week after a brutal fall that left him with three broken ribs.
The Good Morning Britain (GMB) presenter wrote that the incident happened as a result of “falling flat on my a**e”.
It called into further question whether the 52-year-old would be returning to ITV screens.
Earlier in the year Piers claimed he was “leaving” the show.
The controversial journalist and daytime TV presenter hinted he had quit the show on his final day before an extensive summer break.
He boasted that he is set to jet off to his luxury US pad in Beverly Hills in a matter of hours.
He then added: “Look at this face, happy face. I’m never getting out of bed at 3.45 ever again. Never again.”
Shortly after 6am he told viewers: “It’s our last day tomorrow before we break up for the summer.
“So last chance to see us, possibly ever.”
Susanna tweeted her surprise at his comment, writing: “Last show together tomorrow before the summer at GMB. ‘Possibly ever’ says Piers Morgan” followed by a shocked face emoji.
However his return to the show has now been confirmed.
More from PinkNews
Piers and co-host Susanna Reid are set to return to the programme Monday September 4th.
The return comes after Richard Madeley, Eamonn Holmes and Jeremy Kyle stepped in to fill his presenting spot during the summer months.
The return was nearly axed this week after he was rushed to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital with broken ribs.
Announcing the news to his six million followers he tweeted: “BREAKING (literally…) NEWS: I’ve broken 3 ribs falling flat on my a***.
“Thanks to @ChelwestFT staff for speedy treatment. “