Aaron Carter reports burglary attempt and harassment to police
Singer Aaron Carter has reported harassment and a burglary attempt to police.
Speaking to TMZ, a law enforcement official said Carter called police on Wednesday.
He said he was being bombarded with texts and phone calls.
Carter also reported an attempted break-in at his home in St Petersburg, Florida.
According to TMZ’s sources, multiple people close to Carter’s inner circle were behind the harassment.
But he remained calm, and in a number of tweets he said he was optimistic and looking for love.
He ended with a tweet saying: “And yes I’m ok.”
Carter, who is well known for kick starting his pop career in the 1990s, took to social media to come out to fans last week, quoting singer Boy George.
Carter performer earlier this month at Hamburger Mary’s in his hometown of Brandon, Florida.
He performed his new single ‘Hard to Love’ which he wrote about his ex girlfriend who broke up with him earlier this month.
“I just want to say thank you for all your love and support with the LGBTQ community and my announcement,” he told the crowd, breaking down in tears.
“It means a lot. Yes I am a bisexual man… I just want to say I am who I am…”
He added: “I just want to say thank you again for believing in me and even if you don’t, I’ll still love you.”
Announcing the gig, the 29-year-old told fans on Instagram, sharing a poster for the event, that it was nearly sold out.
Carter has promised that he will release new music soon.
His coming out was congratulated by the Will and Grace TV show, writing on Twitter: “Welcome to the party, Aaron!”
Carter responded to say that he would love a cameo in the new series of Will and Grace.
The 29-year-old told The Bert Show that he felt coming out was an important step before entering his 30s.
“To be honest, I’ve been thinking about it for many years,” Aaron said.
“I just felt like it was something I needed to do… It was something that I just felt like was important and I needed to say.
“It was a part of a new chapter of turning 30, on 7 December this year.”
He continued: “It wasn’t until I was about 17 until… there was somebody I had a small relationship with,” he said of his own confirmation about his bisexuality.
“The process is at your own pace and when you feel comfortable.
“There might be a lot of people who don’t agree with it, but you might be surprised by the people who do.
“I was shocked – I was blown away. My fans know that I’m a heart on the sleeve kinda guy. That’s the way I am.”
The performer formally came out last week and has been inundated with positive responses from fans since.
He wrote: “To start off, I would like to say that I love each and EVERY ONE of my fans.
“There’s something I’d like to say that I feel is important for myself and my identity that has been weighing on my chest for nearly half of my life.
“This doesn’t bring me shame, just a weight and burden I have held onto for a long time that I would like lifted off of me.”
Carter goes on to explain that he always found males and females attractive from a young age, but didn’t begin to come to terms with it until he was older.
“I grew up in this entertainment industry at a very young age and when I was around 13-years-old I started to find boys and girls attractive.
“There were years that went by that I thought about it, but it wasn’t until I was 17-years-old, after a few relationships with girls, I had an experience with a male that I had an attraction to who I also worked with and grew up with,” he wrote.
He finished the moving post by adding that for him, music has always been a safe haven and has been a tool to help him understand his sexuality.
More from PinkNews
“To me, music has always been my temple.
“Music will ALWAYS be what transcends all of us and myself.
“The studio has always been my safe haven.
“But the ultimate goal for me is to be satisfied.
“I never want to be a figure of disappointment,” he wrote.