Two women arrested for attacking singer Lucy Spraggan
Two people have been arrested for an attack on former X Factor contestant Lucy Spraggan.
The singer-songwriter, who appeared on the TV talent cost in 2012, shared pictures of the aftermath of the attack on social media.
Spraggan was with her wife and guitarist when they were attacked by strangers on the street.
Now two women have been arrested in connection with the attack.
A 26-year-old woman and a 27-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, Sussex Police said.
The women have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Another photo, which she captioned “sore”, posted to Instagram shows the bruises and cuts on her face much more clearly.
She wrote: “Was attacked tonight after the show in Brighton, along with my guitarist and wife.
“Sussex Police have been amazing and are pursuing a charge.
“Got a bit of whiplash and a few bruises but we’re all good. Scary sh*t, man. Be safe out there!”
A spokesman for Spraggan said: “In the early hours of Friday morning Lucy was involved in an incident outside a bar on Middle Street, Brighton.
“She suffered cuts and bruises to the face and other injuries including bite lacerations.
“Lucy is recovering well and as planned will be fulfilling her European tour which starts in Amsterdam on Tuesday.
“Lucy has thanked Sussex Police for their help in the matter and their quick work in bringing two women into custody.
“No further comment is available at this stage.”
More from PinkNews
Fans of the musician have left supportive comments on the posts.
“So sorry to hear that. You don’t deserve it you are all amazing people. Much love,” wrote one fan.
Another added: “Ohmygod! Some human beings are just downright disgusting! Sending my love to you, your wife and guitarist Lucy! Keep that beautiful talented head held high girl.”
“Can’t believe it, some people, are we even in the same world? Sending good thoughts to all!” a separate fan said.
A spokesman for Sussex Police said: “Shortly before 3am on Friday March 17, police were called to Middle Street in Brighton following reports that a 25-year-old woman had been attacked in a karaoke bar.
“A 26-year-old woman and a 27-year-old woman, both from London, have been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. “Both have been bailed to Saturday April 15 pending further enquiries.”