Kellyanne Conway was banned from TV for a week by the Trump administration
Senior White House advisor Kellyanne Conway was banned for making TV appearances for a week, it has been reported.
The controversial mouthpiece for the administration doesn’t appear to have made any TV appearances for the past week.
CNN’s Dylan Byers reported on Wednesday that Conway had actually been benched by the White House after a series of controversial comments were made.
Conway was barred from TV for a week by “the president and his top advisers” reports Byers.
It is believed that the pause on Conway interviews came as the White House communications director Mike Dubke was brought in.
Last week Conway claimed she didn’t retweet and respond to a white nationalist and it must have been someone else from her Twitter account.
When confronted by BuzzFeed about her support of a white nationalist, she claimed she didn’t do it and didn’t know who did.
“I don’t know who had access to my account,” she said.
“Let me see who tweeted that. That’s terrible.
“I denounce whoever it is. It will be immediately deleted. Everybody makes mistakes.”
More from PinkNews
Conway has proven a controversial figure since joining President Trump’s campaign.
Last week, just hours before he resigned as national security advisor, Conway said Michael Flynn “does enjoy the full confidence of the president.”
She also said the next day that Flynn stepped down of his own volition.
Both statements were contradicted shortly afterwards by White House spokesman Sean Spicer.
Conway also earlier this month talked about the fictional ‘Bowling Green massacre’ during an interview.
Bravo star Andy Cohen said last month that he wanted to recruit her for a series of Real Housewives.