A professor at Syracuse University in New York has sent a pretty strong message about homophobia… using this ingenious quiz.
Posted by a student of the professor, the test asks a number of questions commonly asked to queer people… but to their straight classmates.
The Twitter user @sincerelyelise posted a photo of the questions on her account.
- What do you think caused your heterosexuality?
- When did you decide you were a heterosexual?
- Is it possible that your heterosexuality is just a phase that you may grow out of?
- Why do you insist on flaunting your heterosexuality? Why can’t you just be who you are and keep quiet about it?
- Why do you heterosexuals feel compelled to seduce others into your lifestyle?
- Have you considered therapy to change your heterosexual tendencies?
Elise captioned the photo of the questions with: “My professor isn’t taking anyone’s shit.”.
Needless to say, those who picked up on the slides handed out by the professor on Twitter went wild for the idea of turning these questions on their head.
Except Samuel, he thought this shouldn’t be allowed….
Meanwhile in the UK, a university introduced a class on how to “deal with right-wing attitudes in the classroom”.