LGBT people from across New York City rallied infant of Stonewall Inn yesterday to stand as allies against recent discriminatory policies being issues by President Trump.
The protest event was organised by Stonewall with the intention to stand in solidarity with “every person impacted by Donald Trump’s illegal, immoral, unconstitutional and un-American executive orders. We will also speak out against Trump’s selection of the most anti-LGBT nominees and appointees in modern history,” according to the event details.
The Ali Forney Centre, Audre Lorde Project, GLAAD and Gays Against Guns all sponsored the rally, which saw NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio join the crowds of people.
PinkNews has put together some of the best images from the rally…
1. This incredible sea of rainbow clad protestors
2. An incredible gay nanny helping to beat gender roles
3. The silent, but oh so powerful protester
4. More protesters at the ready
5. This hilarious sign
6. An organiser of the rally
7. This loud guy, with his loud sign
8. An “alternative” Kellyanne Conway
9. We thought the executive orders were already silly enough…
10. This empowering sign
11. Breaking all the boundaries
13. We can’t argue really
14. “Facts are facts”
15. The colours are just beautiful!
16. We couldn’t agree more
17. “I’ve decided to stick with love”