‘Grindr serial killer’ Stephen Port bragged about bedding high profile MPs and a BBC star in letters sent from jail
A series of chilling letters have been released from the “Grindr serial killer”, Stephen Port.
The letters detail chilling accounts of past gay lovers including high profile MPs and a BBC TV host.
Port, 41, was jailed on Friday for the rest of his life for four murders. While waiting for the trial, Port wrote a series of letters.
In a letter from Belmarsh jail, South East London, Port said: “I did have a couple of famous clients when I was escorting, but of course I can’t mention names, but they were generally MPs.
“I have slept with one famous guy who I met when I was on holiday. I best not mention his name lol but he used to be a BBC presenter… We dated for a few months.”
The letters also revealed that Port now considers himself a “prison celebrity,” and often signs copies of the paper for other inmates.
“Everyone here has been all right with me. Just the normal questions if I did it or not etc and was asked a few times to sign a picture of me in the paper. I think I am the only celebrity on this wing, there’s no one I recognise from TV,” he wrote in the letters reported by the Sunday Mirror.
Stephen Port, of Barking, was found guilty of the murder of Anthony Walgate, Gabriel Kovari, Daniel Whitworth, and Jack Taylor.
The men were poisoned with lethal doses of the date-rape drug GHB, a form of liquid ecstasy. The court had heard that he used GHB to poison the men to have sex with them while they were unconscious.
More from PinkNews
Port was also earlier found guilty of a number of sexual offences and of administering a substance with intent. He had pleaded not guilty to 29 charges which include murder, rape, sexual assault and drugging.
The court previously saw details of his accounts on gay networking, escort, and hook-up sites. In total, 18 different accounts across 12 separate apps and websites had been linked to Port.
Jurors were told that GHB bottles and even a suicide note were found planted on men’s bodies.
Speaking to the Barking and Dagenham Post, MP for Dagenham Jon Cruddas said: “My thoughts are with the families of the victims, who I hope can take some solace from the verdict that was delivered this week.
“I would also like to urge all those that use dating apps to take every precaution when meeting people, and stay safe.”