Menu

InstagramTwitterYouTubeFacebookSnapchat
Globe Icon

Join

and support
LGBT+ journalism

Current Affairs

Caitlyn Jenner won’t face charges over fatal car crash

Joseph McCormick October 1, 2015
Caitlyn Jenner

Caitlyn Jenner (Getty)

Caitlyn Jenner has avoided charges over a car crash which killed one person.

In February, shortly before coming out as transgender, the former Olympian and TV reality star was involved in a three car pile-up on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, which killed one person and injured seven others.

Ms Jenner had been facing legal action on a number of fronts over the incident, with the family of deceased woman Kimberly Howe filing one lawsuit, and Hollywood talent manager Jessica Marie Steindorff  filing a second.

Authorities were considering misdemeanour manslaughter charges over the crash, and said speed could have been a factor in the collision.

However, prosecutors have announced that there is not enough evidence to secure a conviction.

Jenner’s attorney Blair Berk said: “We believed from the start that a thorough and objective investigation would clear Caitlyn of any criminal wrongdoing.

“We are heartened the district attorney has agreed that even a misdemeanour charge would be inappropriate.

“A traffic accident, however devastating and heartbreaking when a life is lost, is not necessarily a criminal matter.”

Jenner previously spoke of fears that she could be sent to a male prison.

More: caitlyn jenner, car crash, crash, US

Click to comment

Swipe sideways to view more posts!

Dismiss

Loading ...

Close icon