Menu

InstagramTwitterYouTubeFacebookSnapchat
Globe Icon

Join

and support
LGBT+ journalism

Community

Chris Brown denies claims that he pulled out of Pride event

Joseph McCormick September 8, 2015

Singer Chris Brown has refuted claims that he pulled out of a Pride event last weekend after refusing to perform for male fans.

The R&B star denied reports that he pulled out of performing at the Pride event in Atlanta, Georgia.

Reports posted on TheGAVoice.com, suggested that Brown had pulled out of performing at the Georgia Freight Depot on Saturday 5 September.

The report suggested Brown had cancelled after he found out that gay men would be in the audience, alongside several thousand women.

The promoter for the event Melissa Scott, told the site that she had been in touch with Brown’s tream leading up to the alleged cancellation.

She said: “I think it’s unfortunate for mainstream artists to take people’s money with the complete prior knowledge of knowing what the event is and being very clear about what the event is about. I’m completely baffled. You know it’s gay pride. You knew you agreed when you sent the contract in and took the money.”

But the star denied the allegations, saying the booking never got confirmed.

He said: “I wasn’t aware or informed of a show I supposedly cancelled. I have nothing but love and respect for the LGBT COMMUNITY.

“The show was never confirmed by any of my people. So I apologize if the fans wanted me there. I honestly wasn’t booked for the show. Hopefully in the future we can do it right. Much love LGBT”.

Brown became embroiled in a long-running feud with Frank Ocean in 2013 following an altercation where homophobic language was allegedly used by one of Brown’s entourage.

 

More: Atlanta, Chris Brown, Pride, r&b, singer, US

Click to comment

Swipe sideways to view more posts!

Dismiss

Loading ...

Close icon