X-Men director Bryan Singer denies new sex abuse claims
The New York Police Department is investigating a new sex abuse allegation against X-Men director Bryan Singer.
A previous sex abuse lawsuit – surrounding claims that the director forced a 17-year-old into sexual activities at parties in California and Hawaii aged 17 – was dismissed by a judge last week.
However, the NYPD has confirmed that it is investigating a claim that the director committed a “forcible sexual assault” against a man in his twenties.
NYPD Deputy Chief Kim Royster told Buzzfeed: “We have a formal complaint on file for criminal sexual act.”
“The complaint was filed on May 9th of this year, however the incident occurred on March 23, 2013. The case is open and being investigated by our Special Victims Squad.”
Mr Singer has not yet been charged with a crime, though the department is continuing with its investigation.
The director’s lawyer Marty Singer said: “Neither my client nor any of his representatives have been contacted by the NYPD, or anyone else about an alleged criminal investigation of my client.
“My client did not engage in any criminal or inappropriate behavior with anyone in New York or elsewhere.
“False investigations are filed all the time and no action is taken by the authorities.”
Mr Singer continues to strongly deny all wrongdoing, and claimed previously the actions are a “sick twisted shake-down” designed to hurt the release of X-Men: Days of Future Past in May.