Football team told not to support men who their penis up ‘poopers’
A Canadian football team has received a deluge of hateful messages after temporarily changing its logo in support of Pride.
The Vancouver-based BC Lions added a rainbow background to its lion-themed logo earlier this week, in support of Pride events in the city.
According to OutSports, the team has since been attacked by fans for the move.
Some of the comments state:
– I thought we roared, not meowed
– Unacceptable!!! Not impressed!!!
– So lets see if I have this right… someone doesn’t agree with you so they automatically get labelled as “haters” ( even though they don’t hate you, they just don’t agree with you ) and “homophobic” which is a pretty ridiculous statement as a phobia is a debilitating fear that causes you to lose control of your faculties and thought processes. Excuse me if I find the thought of one man sticking his penis up another man “pooper” (to put it politely) repulsive. I does not mean that I am afraid that I’m going to become a homosexual if I end up being in the same room as them nor do I want to cause them ill will. So all you “ignorant heterophobic haters” (see how dumb that sounds) can stop crying foul just because there are people who don’t agree with you and don’t feel like we have to support you.
– God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
– My sexual preference, religion and politics have NOTHING to do with the CFL and vice versa! Not impressed with this PR stunt.
– If I wore a tee saying “Proud to be Straight” I would be ridiculed! Just saying think about it…..it’s not politically correct.
Despite the comments, one Facebook user wrote: “To anyone that tries to say that homophobia is dead, this photo is an embarrassing reminder of the hateful and ignorant people that are in this world. Proud of the BC Lions for putting this up despite the possible backlash of the ignorant morons out there.”