Current Affairs

Straight Pride UK claims ‘it’s not easy to be straight’ because straight people are ‘persecuted’

Joseph McCormick June 29, 2013
bookmarking iconSAVE FOR LATER

A group named Straight Pride UK, which claims to aim for “full straight equality”, has taken to twitter to claim that straight people are “persecuted every day”, and that it is “not easy to be straight”.

The group also doubled down on yesterday’s claims about the proportion of gay to straight people at Glastonbury festival, saying 99% of people they asked said they were straight, and the other 1% said they “used to be gay”.

Straight Pride UK describes itself as: “A small group of people campaigning for the same rights as homosexuals, the right to Pride..”, its website goes on to claim that the British Government only listens to the gay community, and that heterosexuals are overlooked.

Today, as London geared up for its annual Pride in London LGBT pride event, Straight Pride claimed that it is “not easy being straight”, as straight people are “persecuted” daily.

The organisation later tweeted to say it had conducted research, and that only 1% of respondents said they “used to be gay”, at Glastonbury, and that the rest said they were straight.

One Twitter user responded: “Wow only 198 out of 200! You clearly are the persecuted minority you say you are.”

The group, which says it is not homophobic, yesterday tweeted from Glastonbury festival to claim that 90% of the festival’s attendees are “proud” to be straight.

Its website claims: “Heterosexuals do not have equality, homosexuals have more rights then any sector of society. They have the right to take over city streets, dress ridiculously, and parade with danger and contempt, invade hotels and B&B’s run and owned by people who object to homosexuality, and then sue them when refusal is given. Straight Pride, we believe are normal everyday people, dressed normally, walking and behaving normally, to raise awareness of being straight, and being PROUD to be heterosexual.”


More: persecution, straight pride, straight pride uk, Twitter

Click to comment

Swipe sideways to view more posts!


Loading ...