Globe Icon


and support
LGBT+ journalism


Spain is to launch official gay lottery this Christmas

PinkNews Staff Writer September 6, 2010
bookmarking iconBookmark Article

Spain’s official Christmas lottery, whose first prize of €3,000,000 ‘El Gordo’ or ‘the fat one’ is to go gay this year. The La Bruixa d’Or lottery administration office in Sort, Lérida, is to launch a special ticket for the draw called ‘Gay Luck.’

80 per cent of the administration office fee will go directly to gay charities as chosen by a local gay portal, the remaining 20 per cent will be donated towards the region’s social action plan.

The lottery which has been held every year since 1812, has a theoretical total prize fund of €2.142 billion.

Related topics: Europe

Click to comment

Swipe sideways to view more posts!


Loading ...

Close icon