Head of Diversity and Inclusion – the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games
Reporting line: HR Director
A unique opportunity to join the HR leadership team to build a world-class organisation capable of delivering a spectacular Olympic Games and Paralympic Games event in 2012.
Diversity and inclusion were key aspects of the Bid and to build on the work that has been delivered to date, we wish to recruit a Head of Diversity Inclusion.
This role will be accountable for the development of the Diversity strategy and will influence across the organisation to ensure that diversity forms part of everything that we do at LOCOG.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities
* To support the HR Director in spearheading the development of a diversity strategy, involving the senior stakeholders across the organisation.
* Work in partnership with a large number of external interest groups e.g. Mayor’s Office, Stonewall and Commission for Equality in the development of our strategy.
* To integrate all the individual streams of diversity into day-to-day activities across the organisation to raise awareness and to communicate on the key issues in each strand of diversity.
* Working externally and across the organisation to develop and implement organisational change programmes that will enhance LOCOG’S ability to attract and retain staff from a wide range of backgrounds.
* Establish a set of clear and tangible action plans to deliver the diversity strategy between now and 2012.
* Support the HR Director in raising the profile of LOCOG as an inclusive organisation.
* To raise awareness of the six strands of diversity (age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith and disability) in LOCOG’s permanent staff and Volunteers and to support the business in helping to manage diversity in the workplace.
* Monitor the progress being made in diversity and use this to reshape the strategy and action plans.
* Extensive experience of successfully implementing a diversity strategy in a fast paced, complex organisation.
* A full understanding of the diversity issues including the legislative framework and associated policies.
* Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage and deliver high profile projects to time, quality and within budget.
* Experience in managing a wide mix of internal and external stakeholders in circumstances requiring high levels of influence and fast paced delivery.
* Able to operate both strategically and operationally.
Skills and knowledge
* An expert knowledge of equality and diversity issues and related legislation.
* Excellent analytical and project management skills.
* Strong communication, relationship management and influencing.
* Experienced in delivering to demanding targets.
* Excellent facilitation skills.
* Strong commercial acumen.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple demands to time and quality, against tight deadlines.
* Able to operate at both an operational and strategic level.
* Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment.
* Demonstrates an ability to deliver excellent results.
* Demonstrates enjoyment in their work.
* Values inclusiveness in all its forms.
* A willingness to work in a spirit of partnership.
* Flexible and adaptable through organisational growth.
* Resilient and positive through change.
* Loyal and self motivated.
* Approachable and friendly.
More from PinkNews
Term of appointment
The appointment will be made under the London 2012 Organising Committee’s standard terms and conditions.
The London 2012 Organising Committee is committed to equal opportunities in its employment policies, practices and procedures. To help us monitor the effectiveness of our equal opportunities policy, please fill in the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
This information will be kept separate from your application, will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be used solely for the purposes of employee monitoring.