16 April 2013Jeremy Irons: ‘I don’t know the difference between a same-sex marriage and a civil partnership’ 37 Jeremy Irons says he should have “buttoned” his lip when he joked equal marriage could lead to fathers marrying their sons, although he now admits that he doesn’t know the difference between a same-sex marriage and a civil partnership.
21 February 2013GLAAD: ‘What the hell is going on with the Associated Press guidance on gay couples?’ 14 The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation has struck out at the Associated Press over a recent announcement that it would uphold guidelines published on 11 February that stated that reporters should “generally” not refer to same-sex married couples as “husbands” or “wives”.
15 February 2013Associated Press reaffirms that gay married couples are ‘partners’ rather than ‘husbands’ and ‘wives’ in face of criticism 11 The Associated Press say that telling their reporters to call same-sex married couples "partners" instead of "husbands" or "wives" reflects existing practice, attracting criticism from LGBT groups.
13 February 2013Associated Press updates its style guide on whether to call married gay couples ‘husband’ or ‘wife’ 24 Same-sex couples in marriages or civil partnerships should not be classified as “husband” and “wife” according to the Associated Press’ style guide – unless they already use the terms.
11 January 2013US: Lesbian couple handed letter condemning homosexuality by manager as they left his restaurant 32 A lesbian couple from North Carolina have said a restaurant owner handed them a letter condeminig homosexuality as they paid and left.
28 October 2010‘Ellen saved me from anorexia’, says Portia DeGeneres 7 Portia DeGeneres says her wife Ellen DeGeneres 'pulled her out' of the grip of an eating disorder.
15 February 2010Trans man Thomas Beatie pregnant for the third time 26 Thomas Beatie is reportedly pregnant with his third child.
24 January 2010Film Review: Brothers 4 Brokeback Mountain star Jake Gyllenhaal appears in Brothers, the latest in a line of recent war movies that attempt to look into the psyche of soldiers as well as the effect that their absence, experiences and changed personas have on their families.
12 January 2010Japanese trans man told that son is illegitimate 3 A trans man in Japan who had a child with his wife has been informed by officials that the child is now classed as illegitimate.
11 January 2010Iris Robinson’s husband asks colleague to step in as first minister 16 Peter Robinson, the husband of homophobic Northern Ireland MP Iris Robinson, has asked a colleague to take over as first minister while he stands down for six weeks.
Articles about Wife
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship+
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’11
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder11
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’9
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’40
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'40
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage