21 March 2012Liberal Democrat president: Any discrimination in CARE internships unacceptable 44 The president of the Liberal Democrats has said any discrimination on the grounds of sexuality in the religious Westminster internship scheme operated by the charity CARE (Christian Action Research & Education) which he defended this week would be 'unacceptable'.
21 March 2012Liberal Democrat president speaks out on religious charity’s internship scheme 54 Liberal Democrats president Tim Farron spoke out in defence of the internship scheme funded by religious charity CARE this week, saying it provides valuable access to Parliament for young people, but his office will look into indications gay MPs have not been allowed to participate.
20 March 2012John Bercow praises gay equality progress during Queen’s reign 29 The Speaker of the House of Commons has used a speech at Westminster to highlight how the fight for equality has progressed in the UK during the reign of Queen Elizabeth II as she marked her Diamond Jubilee year in Parliament.
16 March 2012Second MP pulls out of CARE internship scheme over charity’s ‘extreme views’ 26 A second MP has pulled out of the Westminster internship scheme funded by the charity CARE as an online petition calling on others to pull out has reached 8,000 signatures.
14 March 2012Government to unveil consultation plans for equal marriage in England and Wales tomorrow 29 Consultation plans for the UK government's introduction of civil marriage equality for gay couples are expected to be unveiled tomorrow.
9 March 2012Labour MP Eric Joyce fined £3,000 after attack on gay Tory in Commons bar 37 Eric Joyce, Labour MP for Falkirk in Scotland, has been given a £3,000 fine and banned from pubs for three months after head-butting openly gay MP Stuart Andrew in a House of Commons bar brawl.
7 March 2012UKIP: Marriage belongs to religion, not government 110 UKIP has accused the government of 'picking a fight' with religious people in Britain over plans for equal civil marriage saying the issue is 'in the domain of the church and other faiths'.
2 March 2012MPs defend taking interns from ‘gay cure’ event sponsor 108 An MP who received interns from a religious charity which opposes gay equality and sponsored a 'gay cure' event has backed the charity and claimed to have met 'ex-gays'.
1 March 2012MP brands equal marriage rights for gays ‘completely nuts’ 73 The MP for Wellingborough in Northamptonshire has suggested the Church of England reply to the government's consultation on equal marriage on the basis that it is 'completely nuts'.
29 February 2012Humanists blast ‘ridiculous’ MP report on faith and gay equality 18 The British Humanist Association has criticised the MP-led Christians in Parliament report which backs ‘reasonable accommodations’ from equality legislation as being 'not at all grounded in any reality'.
28 February 2012MPs’ report on ‘undue limitation of Christian belief’ questioned 86 An MP-led report by the new Christians in Parliament group which recommends 'reasonable accommodations' from equality legislation to lift the 'undue limitation of belief' it says is experienced by religious people in public life has been cautiously questioned.
24 February 2012Labour MP charged after ‘head-butting’ gay Tory in Commons bar + Labour MP Eric Joyce has been suspended and charged by police on allegations he head-butted openly gay MP Stuart Andrew in a House of Commons bar, months after Andrew spoke to the House about being the victim of an attack.
22 February 2012David Lammy cuts tie with equal marriage opponents who funded interns 14 Labour MP for Tottenham David Lammy has cut ties with the Christian Action Research and Education which co-launched the anti-marriage equality Coalition for Marriage petition and supported a 'gay cure' conference.
22 February 2012David Burrowes ‘faced death threat’ over equal marriage opposition 98 Conservative David Burrowes is among a number of MPs backing the new Coalition for Marriage petition to opposite marriage equality for gay couples, but says he has received a death threat as a result of his views.
21 February 2012Gove urged to clarify position on anti-gay texts in schools 61 Michael Gove's reported response to an enquiry about homophobic leaflets being shown to schoolchildren in Lancashire has prompted confusion over when pupils can legally be shown anti-gay texts.
13 January 2012Chris Bryant MP describes House of Commons ‘gay bar’ 27 The gay MP for Rhondda was speaking about Parliamentary representation yesterday when he said the current number of gay MPs meant the Palace of Westminster's Strangers Bar sometimes reminded him of Soho.
26 November 2010Five arrested in Met raids for anti-gay and transphobic crimes 2 Five people in London were arrested on suspicion of homophobic and transphobic crimes yesterday as part of a series of dawn raids.
25 November 2010Gay Lib Dem David Laws set to return to government ‘soon’ 18 Prime minister David Cameron has indicated that David Laws will return to government soon.
24 November 2010Archbishop asks Anglicans to keep unity over gay bishops 11 The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, has asked Anglicans worldwide to pledge to maintain unity over gay bishops and same-sex marriage.
5 November 2010Comment: When did gay men stop fighting HIV? 48 Scott Roberts argues that campaigners angry about the gay blood ban are missing the bigger picture and that the gay community should be enraged at the continuing gulf of health inequality around HIV and AIDS.
Articles about Westminster
- Amendments urging for civil registrars to opt out of equal marriage ceremonies withdrawn from bill+
- Gay fashioner designer Stefano Gabbana sentenced for tax evasion8
- US: Third Republican Senator comes out in favour of equal marriage1
- South Africa: Gay imam spreads message of empowerment when it comes to homosexuality and Islam3
- South Australia officially congratulates New Zealand on equal marriage, ahead of introduction of its own bill+
- Watch LIVE: House of Lords debates same-sex marriage amendments+
- Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans: ‘I continue to refute all allegations’+
- Maltese Prime Minister: A civil unions bill is to be introduced by the end of this year1
- More congregations leave Church of Scotland in row about ministers in same-sex relationships6
- Live blog: Highlights from the House of Lords committee on same-sex marriage22
- Liberace's ex-lover claims he had six year relationship with Michael Jackson15
- Brazil: Lawmakers approve bill which would remove ban on 'gay cure' therapy 22
- Live blog: Highlights from the House of Lords committee on same-sex marriage22
- Tory MP John Glen criticises Bishop of Salisbury for voicing support for equal marriage25
- Michelle Shocked to return to San Francisco during Pride Week, to clarify her feelings following anti-gay rant15
- Gay dating website for 'homosensible' Catholic priests being run out of the Vatican19
- Poland: Prime Minister backs down and admits opposition to civil unions is too strong25
- US: Attorney representing lesbian teenager charged for relationship with younger girl asks judge to step down13
- Gay 'cure' therapy NHS ban motion gains cross-party support3
- Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans re-arrested on new indecent assault allegations—
- New 'Gay Marriage No Thanks' group launches with 'ten good reasons' to oppose equal marriage86
- Lord Tebbit: I wouldn't have been surprised if Jimmy Savile was homosexual84
- Archbishop of York: Would the Church of England rather bless 'sheep and trees' than gay couples?84
- Barry Cryer brands ITV's Vicious 'homophobic' television83
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages'69
- Lib Dems' Baroness Williams to support anti-equal marriage 'union' amendment69
- Maria Miller tables Public Order Act amendment protecting critics of equal marriage66
- Labour MSP Elaine Smith: 'I'm against equal marriage but don't call me homophobic'64
- Tory Lord Mawhinney tables 'traditional marriage' amendment for equal marriage bill62
- Lord Hylton tables new wrecking amendment for the equal marriage bill62
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage