18 May 2013US: Owner of florist sued for refusing same-sex wedding files lawsuit against state 33 The owner of a florist which is the subject of two lawsuits for refusing to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding, has filed a lawsuit against Washington state, claiming her religious beliefs are being violated.
17 April 2013New Zealand legalises same-sex marriage 55 New Zealand has become the 13th country in the world to legalise equal marriage.
5 April 2013Actor Alan Cumming blasts Jeremy Irons for his ‘ignorant’ anti-gay marriage views 38 Scottish actor Alan Cumming has criticised Jeremy Irons after he suggested equal marriage in Britain could lead to fathers marrying their sons.
3 April 2013Spectator columnist: ‘Katie Price demeans marriage more than gay marriage ever could’ 38 With her latest marriage to a 26-year-old stripper, Conservative writer and commentator Douglas Murray says Katie Price “demeans marriage more than gay marriage ever could.”
5 February 2013Yvette Cooper: Parliament has the chance today to support loving gay couples 7 Labour’s Shadow Home Secretary Yvette Cooper has given a robust defence of the government’s Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill – ahead of this evening’s vote.
29 January 2013Catholic Archbishop of San Francisco: Allowing gays to marry ‘is like legalising male breastfeeding’ 139 Legislating for equal marriage is like legalising male breastfeeding, according to the Catholic Archbishop of San Francisco Salvatore Cordileone.
28 December 2012Maryland: Business turns away all wedding bookings instead of having to cater for gay couples 23 A business in the Annapolis, the state capital of Maryland, has decided to turn down all wedding related bookings to prevent a legal challenge from banning same-sex couples trying to use his trolleys for their wedding.
20 May 2011Gay MP says straight couples face discrimination over hymn Jerusalem 62 The hymn Jerusalem risks becoming "reserved for homosexual couples", a gay MP has claimed.
Articles about Weddings
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’1
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church tells PinkNews: Equal marriage is to blame for violent Woolwich murder6
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’+
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote11
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’35
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained16
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur58
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 58
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'35
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained16
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage