30 April 2013US: ACLU demands apology for trans student after ‘prom queen’ controversy 2 The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has set Friday 3 May as the deadline for a Pennsylvania school to apologise for having listed a trans student on a 'prom queen' ballot, when he had campaigned to be 'prom king'.
25 April 2013US: Trans prom king hopeful put on ballot as queen 8 A transgender student who hoped to become prom king at his Pennsylvania high school is seeking an apology from his principal after he found himself on the ballot for prom queen.
15 March 2013US: Fraternity to donate $18,000 to charity after insurance agrees to cover trans brother’s surgery 3 The trans student whose fraternity banded together to pay for his top surgery has learned that his insurance will cover the operation after all, meaning the $20,000 (£13,209) raised can go to helping other trans people in need.
8 March 2013US: Family file lawsuit against school for barring their trans daughter from using girls’ bathroom 4 The family of a trans girl has filed a civil rights lawsuit against her school, which has refused to mediate with them over their refusal to let 6 year old Coy use the female toilets.
27 February 2013Anti-gay group leader: ‘School administrators allowing gender identity policy are like Nazi concentration camp guards’ 12 The leader of an anti-gay conservative group in the US state of Massachusetts appeared on a Christian radio show yesterday and said teachers upholding a policy in Massachusetts which aims to protect trans students were like "Nazi concentration camp guards".
Articles about Trans Student
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’9
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder7
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’4
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’36
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur59
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'36
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage