5 May 2013Australia: Three available seats in Tasmanian Upper House likely to be populated with equal marriage opponents 5 Equal marriage efforts in Tasmania looked to have taken a blow this week, as three available seats on the Legislative Council were set to be taken by equal marriage opponents.
9 April 2013Australia: Tasmanian parliament advances bill to allow equal adoption + The Lower House of the Tasmanian parliament today resoundingly supported the advancement of legislation which would remove the ban on same-sex adoption.
22 February 2013Australia: Religious groups could lose exemption from anti-discrimination law 7 Religious organisations in Australia could lose exemptions to anti-discrimination laws, under recommendations from an inquiry which suggested that the ruling Labor Party's proposed legal changes needed to remove protections for groups to discriminate, where it would otherwise be unlawful.
27 September 2012Australia: Defeat for equal marriage bill in Tasmania 22 Tasmania's same-sex marriage bill has failed to pass the Legislative Council after a key member indicated he would vote against it.
10 August 2012Mass rallies in support of marriage equality to take place across Australia this weekend 5 Mass rallies are taking place in eight Australian cities this weekend to mark the eight-year anniversary of the country's ban on marriage equality.
10 August 2012Australian minister says Christians against marriage equality are not being discriminatory 72 The leader of Australia's Presbyterian Church has said that followers of Christianity are not being discriminatory in their belief that the definition of marriage should apply to opposite sex couples only.
6 August 2012Australia: Tasmania to legislate for equal marriage rights if federal bill fails 11 The Parliament of Tasmania may pass equal marriage laws for the island's gay couples after the Australian state's premier announced support for the move.
18 May 2012Tasmania: 250 attend vigil at ‘Excellent Marriage’ anti-gay marriage conference 10 250 people attended a vigil outside an anti-marriage equality conference in Tasmania last night as it was revealed the winning video message in a conference competition to define 'excellent marriage' was from a gay man.
31 August 2010Tasmanian LGBT activists welcome recognition of Interstate and overseas same-sex unions 6 Legislation has been passed by the State Lower House in Tasmania which will allow same-sex couples in interstate or overseas unions to be automatically recognised under Tasmanian law without the need to re-register their status.
Articles about Tasmania
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Blue to headline Pride Bristol+
- In meeting with Archbishop of Canterbury, the Pope does not specify marriage as between man and woman1
- New straight civil partnerships amendment tabled for equal marriage bill in House of Lords7
- Gay police officer leaves Savile inquiry job in order to take part in Big Brother3
- Chris Brown starts equality campaign and vows to stand up for gay rights10
- Son of US Senator under fire for posting racist and homophobic tweets8
- Labour MEP Michael Cashman: Putin’s ‘hate speech’ has resulted in the ‘barbaric killing’ of gay Russian men4
- Lord Carey tables amendment to undermine equal marriage bill by calling for ‘two tiered’ marriage20
- Survey: LGBT acceptance at all time high in US, but discrimination remains+
- X Factor star Marcus Collins takes part in anti-hate crime campaign video1
- US: GOP Senator says he thinks businesses should be able to sack people for being gay28
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages' 60
- Video: Married binational gay couple kept apart by DOMA urges US Supreme Court strike-down22
- Australia: Radio host sacked for asking Prime Minister Julia Gillard if her partner is gay42
- Scottish trans woman 'forced' to leave town after she was branded a 'witch'21
- Lord Carey tables amendment to undermine equal marriage bill by calling for 'two tiered' marriage20
- Gay police officer leaves Savile inquiry job in order to take part in Big Brother 3
- French Olympic swimmers pose as 'imaginary gay couple' for anti-homophobia campaign12
- US: Gay Catholics to turn their backs on Cardinal who compared Pride to Ku Klux Klan rally11
- In Photos: As One in the Park 201317
- Daily Mail's Andrew Pierce: I'm called a 'homophobe' and 'Uncle Tom' for opposing equal marriage102
- Tory Lord Mawhinney tables 'traditional marriage' amendment for equal marriage bill61
- Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning 'traditional marriage'60
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages'60
- Baroness Knight: The gays are still good at antiques and Section 28 was right59
- Lord Hylton tables new wrecking amendment for the equal marriage bill55
- French mayor: 'I will go to the gallows' before performing a same-sex wedding52
- Labour's Clause 20 sex education amendment fails in the Commons50
- Pope Francis: There is a 'gay lobby' at the heart of the Vatican 'it exists'49
- YouGov poll: Next Doctor Who actor being straight less important than being male and British45
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage