8 January 2013Conservative MEP: Same-sex marriage is a radical change in social policy 27 Conservative MEP Giles Chichester has dismissed the government’s equal marriage plans by saying of marriage “It ain’t broke so why spend valuable parliamentary time trying to fix it?”
3 January 2013Catholic gay rights campaigner criticises Archbishop Nichols over ban on gay masses 27 The director of public affairs at gay rights charity Stonewall - who is also a Catholic - has criticised the Archbishop of Westminster Vincent Nichols for banning gay-friendly masses.
31 December 2012Comment: The leadership of the Catholic Church are hate-fuelled bigots 116 In light of today’s dramatic announcement that Pope Benedict XVI intends to step down – let us point you to this PinkNews comment piece by Adrian Tippetts – published at the end of last year about the Catholic Church’s leadership.
29 December 2012Former Stonewall Deputy Chair awarded CBE for services towards gay equality 5 Liz Grant the former Deputy Chair of Stonewall has joined the charity's co-founder Michael Cashman in being awarded an honour by the Queen in recognition for their work towards LGBT equality.
29 December 2012The Queen honours Michael Cashman MEP with award for fighting for LGBT equality 60 Michael Cashman, the Labour MEP for the West Midlands has been named a CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) by the Queen in recognition for his tireless fight for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) equality.
11 December 2012UK: Equal marriage advocates celebrate government’s plans to bring forward marriage equality 1 The advocates of marriage equality for the UK are celebrating today's announcement that the government plans to bring forward legislation legalising equal marriage next year.
10 December 2012David Davies MP: How can I be homophobic? I once fought a gay man in a boxing ring 65 Welsh Conservative MP David Davies, who over the weekend suggested most parents would prefer their children “not to be gay”, has dismissed accusations that he is a homophobe by reminding people of his participation in an amateur boxing match against a gay fighter.
7 December 2012David Cameron: I support ‘gay church weddings’ 54 David Cameron has confirmed reports that he is to back same-sex marriages for religious institutions.
6 December 2012Football needs a gay ‘champion’ says rugby referee Nigel Owens 4 Rugby referee Nigel Owens is backing a campaign to tackle homophobic attitudes in sport and says football would benefit from having a gay “champion” in the same way Gareth Thomas took up the mantle for rugby.
29 November 2012Leveson Report: Press has failed to respect the dignity of trans people 3 Trans Media Watch (TMW), the charity that works to improve media coverage of transgender and intersex issues and had previously submitted testimony to his inquiry, has welcomed the publication of Lord Justice Leveson’s report into media standards.
28 November 2012445,000 people urge Citibank and Barclays to condemn Uganda’s anti-gay bill 11 More than 445,000 people have signed a Change.org petition calling on Citibank and Barclays to condemn Uganda's pending Anti-Homosexuality Bill.
27 November 2012UKIP ‘not against gay adoption’ says London chairman 89 UKIP’s London Regional Chairman David Coburn has criticised the party’s candidate for the North Croydon By-election after he said gay couples adopting amounted to child abuse.
26 November 2012UKIP Culture Spokesman: Same-sex adoption is ‘child abuse’ 64 Just hours after reports that a UKIP candidate spoke out saying he believed gay people should not be allowed to adopt, he has gone one step further, to say that same-sex adoption is the same as "child abuse".
26 November 2012Gay teachers can’t come out because of ‘endless battle’ against homophobia 18 Teachers in UK schools are hesitating to come out because of worries around the reaction from their pupils, as well as other faculty members, and a lack of support from school management could be part of the problem.
23 November 2012UK: Stonewall chief believes bishop vote helps David Cameron on same-sex marriage 5 Stonewall's CEO has responded cautiously to claims the PM may fast-track equal marriage legislation.
16 November 2012UK: Christian man refuses to drive bus because of Stonewall gay rights poster 123 Stonewall has criticised a Yorkshire bus driver after he allegedly refused to operate a bus because it displayed an advert for the gay rights charity on its exterior.
16 November 2012Video: Ian McKellen shows support for new anti-bullying film 1 Actor Sir Ian McKellen has lent his voice to Stonewall’s new anti-gay bullying campaign video.
13 November 2012Analysis: A gay ‘witch-hunt’ 41 Scott Roberts assesses the controversy and fallout of last week’s warning made by David Cameron of a “witch-hunt”.
8 November 2012David Cameron criticised over gay ‘witch-hunt’ remarks 151 Human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell has criticised David Cameron for suggesting that speculation over child abuse allegations involving senior Conservative Party figures could lead to a “witch-hunt” against gay people
2 November 2012Alex Salmond: Stonewall wrong to call Cardinal O’Brien a ‘bigot’ 205 Scotland’s First Minister Alex Salmond has waded into the row over Stonewall’s Bigot of the Year title after the gay rights charity awarded it to the leader of Scotland’s Catholic Church.
Articles about Stonewall
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’+
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church tells PinkNews: Equal marriage is to blame for violent Woolwich murder4
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’+
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote11
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’31
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained16
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur58
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 58
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'31
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained16
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage