28 January 2013Philip Hammond denies same-sex marriage incest claims 66 A spokesman for Defence Secretary Philip Hammond has denied claims that he compared same-sex marriage to incest.
28 January 2013Hawaii: Lawmakers to choose between legalising or banning equal marriage 4 Hawaiian lawmakers have submitted four pieces of legislation: two legalising and two banning equal marriage.
28 January 2013US: Lesbian wife of Fort Bragg officer gets membership offer and ‘Spouse of the Year’ award 2 The lesbian wife of an officer at Fort Bragg has won the Spouse of the Year award and been invited to join the military spouses' club that originally rebuffed her.
28 January 2013Irish equality minister supports equal marriage, and calls for reform of gay parenting law 5 The Irish minister for Justice and Equality has voiced his support for equal marriage for gay couples, and said there is a need to reform and "bring clarity" to issues surrounding gay parenting.
28 January 2013Poll: 75% of Irish people support equal marriage 18 Support for equal marriage has risen substantially in Ireland, and now three quarters of the population would vote yes in a referendum to extend marriage rights to same-sex couples, a new poll suggests.
28 January 2013UK: Catholics hand out 1 million anti-gay marriage postcards 75 A million anti-gay marriage postcards were handed out at Catholic masses over the weekend.
28 January 2013France: Cartoon characters share gay kisses at equal marriage rally 5 Famous cartoon characters were paired up in same-sex couples in a display as part of a rally for equal marriage in France.
28 January 2013Church in Wales hints that one day it may agree to marry gay couples 9 The Church in Wales has responded to the publication of the government’s Marriage (Same Sex Couples Bill) and says the proposals give it scope to consider sanctioning marriages for gay couples in the future.
28 January 2013Church of England: The government has ‘no mandate’ for its same-sex marriage bill 42 The Church of England has responded to the publication of the government’s Marriage (Same Sex Couples Bill) and has complained that it wasn’t given enough time to study the proposals in full ahead of last week’s announcement.
27 January 2013Iain Dale: Trust civil servants to bugger up same-sex marriage by not including consummation 92 LBC presenter and Conservative Party commentator Iain Dale, who supports the introduction of same-sex marriage, worries that the Government is presenting a flawed bill to the House of Commons.
27 January 2013France: A quarter of a million rally for same-sex marriage in Paris and Lyon 39 As many as a quarter of a million people have gathered in the French cities of Paris and Lyon to support plans to introduce same-sex marriage equality.
26 January 2013Introducing equal marriage in England and Wales to cost the tax payer up to £4.7m 59 The Government has said that the costs of introducing same-sex marriage in England and Wales will cost between £3.3m and £4.7m. The assessment, promised by the Government during the consultation process, is not as large a figure as some opponents of equal marriage had claimed introducing equality would cost.
26 January 2013Peter Tatchell: The equal marriage bill is commendable, but flawed 135 Peter Tatchell commends the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill, but outlines reasons why the option of civil partnerships for heterosexual couples, to avoid a legal imbalance, should be considered.
25 January 2013Comment: The same-sex marriage bill isn’t the end of the journey towards gay rights 53 Chris Ashford, Reader in Law and Society at the University of Sunderland analyses the Marriage (Same sex Couples) Bill for PinkNews and argues that despite first appearances, it isn't the final piece of the jigsaw to achieving gay equality.
25 January 2013Brendon Ayanbadejo: I want to use Super Bowl media for equal marriage awareness 7 NFL player, and equal marriage advocate, Brendon Ayanbadejo, has said that he wants to use the massive exposure which the Super Bowl brings to speak out about marriage equality.
25 January 2013Comment: The Conservative Party has come a long way on gay rights to legislate for equal marriage 69 Writing for PinkNews, Colm Howard-Lloyd, national policy director of LGBTory says the publication of the government’s Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill shows the Conservative Party is a champion of equality.
25 January 2013David Cameron’s mother says he ‘won’t be told’ when it comes to same-sex marriage 56 David Cameron’s support for equal marriage amid widespread opposition from many of his Conservative MPs remains an apparent mystery to his mother.
25 January 2013Comment: As a Rabbi, I’m praying for common sense over the same-sex marriage bill debate 7 Rabbi Aaron Goldstein, the co-chair of the Rabbinic Conference of Liberal Judaism says that he looks forward to being able to marry couples whether they are same-sex or opposite sex.
25 January 2013Yvette Cooper: I’m glad to be supporting the government’s same-sex marriage bill 10 Yvette Cooper, Labour’s shadow home secretary, has welcomed the publication of the government’s Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill.
25 January 2013Lib Dem MP Stephen Gilbert: Today is a landmark moment for LGBT equality 9 Writing for PinkNews, Liberal Democrat MP Stephen Gilbert says the publication of the government’s Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill is a cause for celebration.
Articles about Same Sex Marriage
- Humanist weddings amendment withdrawn from equal marriage bill+
- Russia: LGBT rights group fined 500,000 rubles under ‘foreign agent’ law+
- Amendments urging for civil registrars to opt out of equal marriage ceremonies withdrawn from bill3
- Gay fashioner designer Stefano Gabbana sentenced for tax evasion10
- US: Third Republican Senator comes out in favour of equal marriage1
- South Africa: Gay imam spreads message of empowerment when it comes to homosexuality and Islam4
- South Australia officially congratulates New Zealand on equal marriage, ahead of introduction of its own bill+
- Watch LIVE: House of Lords debates same-sex marriage amendments+
- Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans: ‘I continue to refute all allegations’+
- Maltese Prime Minister: A civil unions bill is to be introduced by the end of this year1
- Liberace's ex-lover claims he had six year relationship with Michael Jackson17
- Live blog: Highlights from the House of Lords committee on same-sex marriage22
- Brazil: Lawmakers approve bill which would remove ban on 'gay cure' therapy 23
- Tory MP John Glen criticises Bishop of Salisbury for voicing support for equal marriage26
- Michelle Shocked to return to San Francisco during Pride Week, to clarify her feelings following anti-gay rant17
- Gay dating website for 'homosensible' Catholic priests being run out of the Vatican19
- Poland: Prime Minister backs down and admits opposition to civil unions is too strong25
- Gay 'cure' therapy NHS ban motion gains cross-party support4
- US: Attorney representing lesbian teenager charged for relationship with younger girl asks judge to step down12
- Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans re-arrested on new indecent assault allegations—
- New 'Gay Marriage No Thanks' group launches with 'ten good reasons' to oppose equal marriage86
- Lord Tebbit: I wouldn't have been surprised if Jimmy Savile was homosexual84
- Archbishop of York: Would the Church of England rather bless 'sheep and trees' than gay couples?84
- Barry Cryer brands ITV's Vicious 'homophobic' television83
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages'69
- Lib Dems' Baroness Williams to support anti-equal marriage 'union' amendment69
- Maria Miller tables Public Order Act amendment protecting critics of equal marriage66
- Labour MSP Elaine Smith: 'I'm against equal marriage but don't call me homophobic'64
- Tory Lord Mawhinney tables 'traditional marriage' amendment for equal marriage bill62
- Lord Hylton tables new wrecking amendment for the equal marriage bill62
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage