4 May 2012UKIP candidate who claimed link between homosexuality and child abuse loses local election bid 151 Dr Julia Gasper, a UKIP Oxford city council candidate who claimed gays account for 3 percent of the population and half of child abuse, has failed in her second bid to win public office.
4 April 2012Voters appear to reject gay and trans protections in Anchorage 8 Proposition 5, which would expand the anti-discrimination laws in Anchorage, Alaska, to include sexual orientation and gender identity appears to have failed to gather enough votes to pass.
3 April 2012New Senegalese president called on to protect gay rights 31 Macky Sall, the new president of Senegal who takes office this week, has been called on to improve the legal protection for gay and lesbian people in his country.
14 December 2011Study finds 50 per cent of gay people in Malta overestimate discrimination laws 10 A study in Malta has shown that while 60 per cent of respondents experience discrimination in the workplace, half are unaware this is the only area where they are protected.
13 December 2011100 take part in first gay pride march in Pune, India 6 Around 100 people participated in the first gay pride march to be held in Pune, India's eighth largest city.
2 December 2011European Parliament urges Croatia to protect gay citizens before joining EU 28 The European Parliament has adopted a resolution which reminds Croatia of its obligation to protect gay citizens from homophobia and homophobic violence before it joins the EU in 2013.
28 November 2011India celebrates second annual Pride events since decriminalisation 3 Two of India's largest cities held Pride events this weekend, with organisers saying it was a chance to "rejoice that we are here and will always be here".
25 November 2011New Delhi prepares for fourth annual Pride event 15 Indian capital city prepares for the third parade since homosexuality was decriminalised in 2009.
17 October 2011US Republican lawsuit: ‘Gays don’t need heightened legal protections’ 22 A lawsuit filed by US Republicans says that gay people do not need the same level of legal protection accorded to other minorities because they are "not politically powerless".
19 January 2011Report finds huge levels of discrimination against gay and trans people in Utah 19 A report by the Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation Law at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles) has found significant homophobia and discrimination in the state of Utah, home to the Mormon Church. The study of 939 LGBT Utahans found that sixty seven per cent of transgendered and forty four percent of lesbian, gay and bisexual Utahans say they have either been sacked or have been denied a job or promotion as a result of their LGBT status.
19 January 2011US Gay teen Lance Lundsten’s death was not suicide says his father 11 The death of a gay teenager in Minnesota at the weekend was not caused by suicide, the boy's father has told a local TV station after the media reported that his son took his own life as a result of homophobic bullying.
17 January 2011Chicago ministers say Martin Luther King would not have supported gay rights 33 A group of Chicago ministers are holding a press conference today to claim that civil rights leader Martin Luther King would not have supported gay rights.
8 December 2010Speech: Jesse Jackson says gays are ‘America’s newest second-class citizens’ 8 The Rev Jesse Jackson's speech to gay rights supporters outside the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals courthouse in San Francisco.
11 November 2010Irish civil partners to be included in immigration laws 17 The Irish justice minister Dermot Ahern has tabled amendments to give civil partners equal treatment in Ireland's immigration laws.
15 December 2009Elton John: ‘Gordon Brown doesn’t understand AIDS problem’ 16 Gay singer Elton John has said he cannot guarantee the Labour Party his vote.
Articles about Protection
- Humanist weddings amendment withdrawn from equal marriage bill1
- Russia: LGBT rights group fined 500,000 rubles under ‘foreign agent’ law+
- Amendments urging for civil registrars to opt out of equal marriage ceremonies withdrawn from bill4
- Gay fashioner designer Stefano Gabbana sentenced for tax evasion11
- US: Third Republican Senator comes out in favour of equal marriage2
- South Africa: Gay imam spreads message of empowerment when it comes to homosexuality and Islam6
- South Australia officially congratulates New Zealand on equal marriage, ahead of introduction of its own bill+
- Watch LIVE: House of Lords debates same-sex marriage amendments+
- Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans: ‘I continue to refute all allegations’+
- Maltese Prime Minister: A civil unions bill is to be introduced by the end of this year2
- Liberace's ex-lover claims he had six year relationship with Michael Jackson18
- Live blog: Highlights from the House of Lords committee on same-sex marriage22
- Brazil: Lawmakers approve bill which would remove ban on 'gay cure' therapy 25
- Tory MP John Glen criticises Bishop of Salisbury for voicing support for equal marriage28
- Michelle Shocked to return to San Francisco during Pride Week, to clarify her feelings following anti-gay rant17
- Gay dating website for 'homosensible' Catholic priests being run out of the Vatican19
- Poland: Prime Minister backs down and admits opposition to civil unions is too strong26
- Gay 'cure' therapy NHS ban motion gains cross-party support4
- US: Attorney representing lesbian teenager charged for relationship with younger girl asks judge to step down12
- Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans re-arrested on new indecent assault allegations—
- New 'Gay Marriage No Thanks' group launches with 'ten good reasons' to oppose equal marriage86
- Lord Tebbit: I wouldn't have been surprised if Jimmy Savile was homosexual84
- Archbishop of York: Would the Church of England rather bless 'sheep and trees' than gay couples?84
- Barry Cryer brands ITV's Vicious 'homophobic' television83
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages'69
- Lib Dems' Baroness Williams to support anti-equal marriage 'union' amendment69
- Maria Miller tables Public Order Act amendment protecting critics of equal marriage67
- Labour MSP Elaine Smith: 'I'm against equal marriage but don't call me homophobic'64
- Tory Lord Mawhinney tables 'traditional marriage' amendment for equal marriage bill62
- Lord Hylton tables new wrecking amendment for the equal marriage bill62
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage