5 February 2013Derren Brown: I’m @Out4Marriage so no one is forced to pick ‘Choice B’ 1 Illusionist Derren Brown has taken a break from convincing people the world is ending to convince them to support same-sex marriage.
5 February 2013UK: Rally lead by three main parties’ LGBT wings to be held at Westminster today + Out4Marriage - a leading equal marriage campaign group is supporting calls for a rally outside the Houses of Parliament, being lead by all the three main political parties LGBT wings.
5 February 2013Ed Balls: I’m really pleased David Cameron is introducing same-sex marriage and I think it’s brave 10 Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls has praised Prime Minister David Cameron’s commitment to equal marriage, ahead of today’s vote by MPs on the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill.
4 February 2013Feature: How the Cabinet will vote in tomorrow’s same-sex marriage bill 17 Tomorrow's vote on the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill will see most of the Conservative Liberal Democrat Coalition cabinet coming out in support of same-sex marriage.
31 January 2013Scott Lively says Oxford Union ‘botched’ plans for him to appear at gay parenting debate 14 Anti-gay Christian Evangelist, Scott Lively, has claimed that he did not attend a recent debate on gay parenting at the Oxford Union because organisers of the event "failed to correct" an administrative error meaning his flight was booked for the wrong day.
31 January 2013Danny Alexander: I’m @Out4Marriage in Scotland as well as England and Wales 3 The Chief Secretary to the Treasury has pledged to vote for equal marriage.
25 January 2013Labour MP Steve Reed: The battle for equality is not yet over 7 Writing for PinkNews, Steve Reed, Labour MP for Croydon North and Patron of LGBT Labour welcomes the publication of the government’s Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill – but warns “this is no time to rest on our achievements.”
18 January 2013The Saturdays: We ‘aren’t lesbians’ but we ‘like to perve on girls’ 10 Girl band the Saturdays have said that, even though they are not lesbians, they prefer to check out women than men, and said they "perve on girls".
18 January 2013Overwhelming majority of Oxford Union students would be ‘glad to have gay parents’ 27 In an Oxford Union debate on Thursday evening, the subject of which being gay parenting, the motion passed with a large majority.
10 January 2013Exclusive: David Blunkett: Equal marriage plans are ‘a complete dog’s dinner’ 37 Labour’s former home secretary David Blunkett has described the government’s equal marriage plans for England and Wales as a “complete dog’s dinner”.
25 December 2012Feature: The top 15 stories that changed LGBT life in the UK in 2012 6 As 2012 draws to a close, PinkNews.co.uk takes a look back at the most important UK stories of the last twelve months.
21 December 2012Tory Whip: I never said equal marriage would be ‘kicked into the long grass’ 11 Conservative MP Desmond Swayne has denied saying in a conversation that marriage reform would be “kicked into the long grass” and claims he has “no recollection” of the comments.
18 December 2012Gareth Thomas joins ITV’s Dancing on Ice 16 Former rugby player Gareth Thomas will be in the rink for the new series of Dancing on Ice.
16 December 2012Tory, Labour and cross-bench Peers and MPs say Government is ignoring public ‘opposition’ to equal marriage 53 Almost 60 Conservative, Labour and cross-bench MPs and peers have signed up to a new Parliamentary plan to oppose same-sex marriage.
16 December 2012Mail on Sunday poll: 60% of British voters support David Cameron’s plans for same-sex marriage 16 A poll for the Mail on Sunday, a newspaper that is opposed to equal marriage has found that the majority of the public support changing the law.
14 December 2012Bishop of Buckingham: Church will be a fool to squander the option of ‘getting real’ by backing same-sex marriage 24 The Bishop of Buckingham, Alan Wilson, the most senior member of the Church of England to back the Out4Marriage campaign for marriage equality has warned that the Church of England risks squandering a “precious opportunity to get real” by backing same-sex marriage.
13 December 2012Simon Callow: I’m @Out4Marriage because I pay taxes and I’d like the same privildges as everyone else 13 In his video for the Out4Marriage campaign, the actor Simon Callow says that as a tax payer, he must have the same rights and privileges as anyone else to marry.
13 December 2012Daily Mail accepts that David Cameron is ‘brave and principled’ to support equal marriage 45 The Daily Mail, one of the cheerleaders of the anti-equal marriage press has accepted that David Cameron has been "brave" and is "acting on principle" with his proposals to make same-sex marriage equal.
12 December 2012Archbishop of Wales: Banning churches from same-sex marriages is a step too far 64 The Archbishop of Wales Dr Barry Morgan says making it illegal for the Church in Wales to offer marriages for gay couples is a "step too far" and believes the government should reconsider its plans.
11 December 2012UK: Equal marriage advocates celebrate government’s plans to bring forward marriage equality 1 The advocates of marriage equality for the UK are celebrating today's announcement that the government plans to bring forward legislation legalising equal marriage next year.
Articles about Out4Marriage
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’3
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church tells PinkNews: Equal marriage is to blame for violent Woolwich murder7
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’2
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote12
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’36
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur59
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'36
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage