20 April 2012Submit your questions for London’s mayoral candidates 47 London's leading mayoral candidates have agreed to answer question from PinkNews.co.uk readers ahead of the 3 May elections.
13 April 2012Ken Livingstone publishes LGBT manifesto for London 47 Ken Livingstone has published an LGBT manifesto ahead of the London mayoral election next month, promising support for London's Pride event, a zero tolerance approach to hate crime and opposition to cuts in LGBT organisations' funding.
13 April 2012Comment: We are not just green and you are not just pink, writes Jenny Jones 11 Green Party candidate Jenny Jones sets out a case for why gay and transgender Londoners should consider her in the upcoming mayoral election.
10 February 2012Ken Livingstone: A gay banker would have his penis cut off in Dubai 90 The 2012 London mayoral hopeful had almost been clear of controversy for the week when he suggested gay bankers would be mutilated in the emirate of Dubai.
9 February 2012Comment: Ken Livingstone broke new ground for gay Londoners 53 Yesterday, former mayor of London Ken Livingstone was criticised for telling a journalist that the Conservative party was "riddled" with gays.
6 January 2012Zimbabwe mayor rubbishes claims his pink bins were pulled 7 A Zimbabwe mayor has insisted his city council will use the twenty pink dustbins donated by a pro-gay rights group as soon as he can find prominent spaces for them.
22 November 2011Peruvian mayor concerned tap water “will turn town gay” 36 The mayor of a small town on the coast of Peru is worried that drawing water with high strontium content could lead to "reduced male hormones" and homosexuality.
14 November 2011French mayor performs “militant gay marriage ceremony” 17 The ceremony, before the 2012 presidential election, is the second held by a town's mayor to attract national attention, with some dismissing it as "provocative".
11 November 2011Liverpool unveils UK’s first gay street signs 55 New signs display a rainbow flag in the corner, and will be used in the city's famous gay quarter.
2 November 2011Sacked London mayoral aide insists his innocence on indecent image charges + Simon Walsh, a senior aide to the Mayor of London sacked as a result of allegations that he viewed an indecent photograph of an underage male insists he is innocent.
31 October 2011‘Divisive’ cleric voted Britain’s most inspirational black figure 66 Pastor who opposed full marriage equality beat Barack Obama and Nelson Mandela to be voted most inspiring black person.
23 September 2011East London celebrates Pride after a rocky year 26 East London Pride is to be held tomorrow.
15 September 2011Gay London deputy mayor accused of making racist joke 39 Richard Barnes, one of London mayor Boris Johnson's deputies, is being investigated for allegedly making a racist joke about rioters.
12 April 2011Out gay London deputy mayor Simon Milton dies 18 London deputy mayor Sir Simon Milton has died after a short illness at the age of 49.
3 March 2011Gay Republican mayor plans to run for congress 10 Mike Gin, the mayor of Redondo Beach, California is planning to run for a seat in US Congress, which would make him the first openly gay Republican in the House.
27 January 2011Ken Livingstone accused of hypocrisy for earning money from anti-gay Iran 23 London mayor candidate Ken Livingstone has been criticised for earning thousands of pounds for his work as a presenter for an Iranian TV channel.
21 October 2010European Human Rights Court rules against Russia over Moscow Gay Pride ban 5 Gay rights activists in Russia are celebrating after the European Court of Human Rights today upheld three complaints over Moscow's ban on gay Pride marches.
29 January 2010Boris Johnson supports anti-homophobic bullying film 11 Mayor of London Boris Johnson has given his support to a film designed to stamp out homophobic bullying.
25 January 2010Moscow mayor repeats claims of ‘satanic’ gay Pride marches 9 The mayor of Moscow has repeated his claims that gay Pride marches are "satanic".
31 December 2009Mexico City mayor refuses to veto gay marriage legislation 7 The mayor of Mexico City has overcome pressure from opponents to new gay marriage legislation, refusing to veto the new laws.
Articles about Mayor
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship+
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’11
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder11
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’9
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’39
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'39
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage