15 April 2013Anti-gay marriage protest takes place in Puerto Rico 5 Hundreds of people have marched in Puerto Rico to demand that the governor approve a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.
14 April 2013Irish Constitutional Convention decision welcomed by marriage equality supporters 16 The Constitutional Convention, which voted in Dublin today to recommend that same-sex marriage be legalised in Ireland, has been applauded by politicians, religious organisations and gay rights groups.
14 April 2013US: Pro-same-sex marriage Illinois Republican party chairman to stay in role for now 2 The chair of the Illinois Republican Party will remain in his role, having survived a meeting to discuss whether to fire him for his backing of same-sex marriage.
14 April 2013Ireland: Constitutional Convention votes overwhelmingly in favour of referendum on same-sex marriage 51 Ireland's Constitutional Convention has voted overwhelmingly in favour of holding a referendum on legalising same-sex marriage in the Constitution.
13 April 2013US: Arizona City Council pauses civil partnership bill after lawsuit threatened over same-sex marriage ban 5 A southern Arizona City Council has been threatened with a lawsuit by the state Attorney General's office for passing legislation to allow civil unions for same-sex couples, and has put the legislation on hold to tweak it in order for it to fit with the state's ban on equal marriage.
13 April 2013Argentina: Catholic priest expelled from church for supporting equal marriage 57 A Catholic priest in Argentina has been expelled from the church following an investigation after he voiced his support for equal marriage in the country.
13 April 2013US: Republican Party votes to reaffirm opposition to equal marriage and support for Prop 8 28 The US Republican Party's national committee voted unanimously on Friday to reaffirm its opposition to equal marriage, and to urge the Supreme Court to uphold Proposition 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act.
12 April 2013US: Delaware lawmakers introduce equal marriage bill 4 Delaware could be the tenth state in the US to allow same-sex marriage as it became the latest to introduce legislation to legalise equal marriage.
12 April 2013Tony Perkins: ‘Stop giving money to the GOP until it firmly opposes equal marriage’ 16 Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council has urged Republican Party supporters to stop giving money to the party until it starts "defending core principals", including "protect marriage", as between a man and a woman.
12 April 2013Comment: The real face of Manif pour Tous 25 Journalist Patrick Cash writes about last weekend’s violent homophobic attack against Wilfred de Brujin in Paris and profile’s the anti-gay French group Manif pour Tous.
12 April 2013US: Nevada Senate committee approves equal marriage bill 6 A Senate committee in the US state of Nevada has voted in favour of a bill which could, if voters approved, make a constitutional amendment to allow equal marriage.
11 April 2013Equal marriage supporter Kid Rock: I’m ‘fucking embarrassed to be a Republican’ 16 Rock singer Kid Rock has said that he supports equal marriage, and has spoken out to say that he was "fucking embarrassed to be a Republican", because of some party policies.
11 April 2013US: Neurosurgeon who linked equal marriage to bestiality pulls out of speaking at diploma ceremony 2 Dr Benjamin Carson, a neurosurgeon with Johns Hopkins University and a conservative speaker, has pulled out of appearing as commencement speaker at the school's diploma ceremony.
11 April 2013Uruguay votes to make same-sex marriage legal nationwide 15 Uruguay is to become the 12th country in the world to make it legal for same-sex couples to marry nationwide after Congress ratified a bill passed last week in the Senate.
11 April 2013US: Washington state sues florist for refusing to provide service for same-sex wedding 14 The US state of Washington’s attorney general has filed a lawsuit against a florist which refused to provide flowers to a same-sex wedding.
10 April 2013Church in Wales to study gay relationships in order to ‘map out the way ahead’ 16 The Archbishop of Wales has announced a new study of gay relationships at a meeting of the Church in Wales’ governing body.
10 April 2013Iceland PM asked to meet with gay rights activists in Chinese visit 2 Iceland’s Johanna Sigurdardottir, the world’s first openly gay prime minister, has been asked to meet with the parents of gay children in next week's visit to China.
10 April 2013French Senate approves crucial article of equal marriage bill 23 France's equal marriage bill clears its first hurdle in the country's Senate.
10 April 2013Blessings for same-sex couples rejected by Church of England 66 The Church of England has decided not to offer blessings to same-sex couples, and has reiterated its stance that such public acknowledgements are appropriate only for straight marriages.
9 April 2013Rick Santorum: It would be ‘suicidal’ for the Republican Party to support equal marriage 21 Former US presidential hopeful Rick Santorum has spoken out against the idea that the Republican Party might support equal marriage, and said it would be "suicidal" if it did.
Articles about Marriage
- UK: Ugandan rapist who claimed he was at risk of homophobic persecution deported+
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship2
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’14
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’9
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote14
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people47
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 60
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'46
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur60
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage