14 January 2013UK: Anti-gay marriage group uses MP’s photo without permission 13 The main group campaigning against equal marriage in the UK has used a Conservative MP's photograph on its publicity leaflets without her permission.
14 January 2013Exclusive: MPs to vote on same-sex marriage bill before Valentine’s Day 40 PinkNews understands that MPs will debate and vote on the government’s equal marriage plans for England and Wales before next month’s Valentine’s Day.
14 January 2013Church of England considering in-church blessings for ‘celibate’ gay couples 43 Reports have suggested that the Church of England plans to consider allowing gay couples to have their civil partnerships blessed in churches.
14 January 2013Tory ‘love cheat’ MP says same-sex marriage makes it ‘difficult to promote Christian values’ 53 Conservative MP Bob Blackman, who previously had an affair behind his wife’s back for 11 years, says legalising equal marriage would make it “difficult to promote Christian values in parliament.”
13 January 2013France: 340,000 protest against equal marriage rights in Paris 102 Hundreds of thousands of people have taken to the streets of Paris protest against the country’s upcoming bill which would allow equal marriage and adoption rights for same-sex couples.
13 January 2013Vatican: Topless women demonstrate for equal marriage rights during Pope’s weekly prayer 32 A Ukrainian feminist group have protested topless at St Peter's Square for gay rights, as Pope Benedict XVI gave his weekly prayer.
12 January 2013Thousands of French lesbians travel to Belgium for artificial insemination 7 Thousands of French lesbians couples are believed to have travelled to Belgium in order to conceive babies, through artificial insemination, which is not available in their home country.
12 January 2013Malta: Labour government would grant civil partnerships and trans identity law if elected 9 The leader of the Labour party in the Maltese House of Representatives has said his party would allow gay couples to have civil unions, a gender identity law for trans people, and that he would appoint a minister for civil rights and equality.
12 January 2013A thousand Catholic priests fear that equal marriage marks a return to ‘centuries of persecution’ 293 More than a thousand Catholic priests have signed a letter saying that if equal marriage is legalised it could threaten religious freedom in a way last seen during "centuries of persecution" of Catholics in Britain.
12 January 2013Illinois Republican party chairman refuses to resign over same-sex marriage support 12 The Chairman of the Republican Party (GOP) in the state of Illinois has rejected calls for him to resign for supporting same-sex marriage.
11 January 2013Anti-gay Rhode Island Catholic bishop criticises governor over equal marriage veto threat 23 The leader of Rhode Island's Roman Catholic Diocese says state Governor Lincoln Chafee is wrong to threaten to veto legislation that would put equal marriage to a popular vote.
11 January 2013France: Comedian who claims to be pro-gay plans to rally 200,000 against equal marriage 32 An anti-equal marriage movement in France, which has organised a rally this weekend hoping to bring out 200,000 demonstrators, has found a leader in a comedian who has denied accusations of homophobia.
11 January 2013David Cameron supports bid for London to host 2018 Gay Games 21 David Cameron has voiced his support for a bid aiming to have the Gay Games brought to London in 2018.
11 January 2013Chilean Bishop says gay ‘domestic partnerships bring the destruction of human beings’ 20 A Chilean Bishop spoke out earlier this week to say that domestic partnerships, as per recently proposed legislation, would bring the "destruction of human beings".
11 January 2013Survey: Big drop in Americans who say being gay is a sin 17 Americans who believe being gay is a sin are now a minority, according to new research, which links the trend to President Obama’s decision to support equal marriage.
11 January 2013US: Illinois Senate could ‘fast track’ and approve equal marriage ‘very soon’ 2 After the new General Assembly was sworn in in Illinois this week, the House Sponsor of a bill to legalise marriage equality in the state said the measure could come to a vote "very soon".
10 January 2013UKIP Parliamentary candidate forced to resign for supporting gay equality 37 Just a day after it emerged that the chairman of the UKIP's youth wing, Young Independence had been removed from office for supporting same-sex marriage, a UKIP Parliamentary candidate has been forced to resign following his support for equal marriage.
10 January 2013US: Radio host Rush Limbaugh refuses to apologise for equal marriage ‘paedophila’ slur 9 Rush Limbaugh is refusing to apologise for suggesting America’s growing acceptance of equal marriage could also pave the way for the “normalisation” of paedophilia.
10 January 2013Anti-gay evangelist Scott Lively: Gay marriage in biblical times caused Noah’s flood 48 Anti-gay evangelist, Scott Lively, has said in an interview that he thinks gay rights are bringing the "wrath" of God, which is a sign that the world is nearing the "End Days", just like before Noah's flood.
10 January 2013Dean of Worcester: I agree with allowing equal marriage because ‘marriage is not an institution’ 16 The Dean of Worcester has written an opinion piece laying out his reasons for supporting marriage equality, and the government's plans to legalise equal marriage.
Articles about Marriage Equality
- UK: Ugandan rapist who claimed he was at risk of homophobic persecution deported3
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship8
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but we don’t do them20
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’10
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote15
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people55
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 63
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'50
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained18
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur63
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage