2 July 2012Elton John criticises Ukraine’s ‘tragic’ anti-gay draft law 4 Sir Elton John has said it is 'tragic' that Ukraine is currently considering laws which would severely curtail the freedom to discuss homosexuality in the country.
2 July 2012Stonewall launches advice leaflets for gay tourists in Britain 40 Gay rights charity Stonewall has launched a series of multilingual leaflets designed to promote gay freedoms in Britain to foreign visitors.
28 June 2012Queensland: Groups fear three-year prison sentences under gay surrogacy ban 12 Equality advocates are meeting to oppose the new Queensland government's plan to criminalise surrogacy arrangements for gay couples, single people and some straight couples.
28 June 2012Pride London to host conference on LGBT rights around the Commonwealth 8 Pride London, as hosts of WorldPride 2012, will hold a conference focussing on the importance of global decriminalisation of homosexuality in the capital next week.
25 June 2012Married banker sues office with ‘culture of homophobic banter’ 28 A married City of London banker has told an employment tribunal he was forced to leave his job after being subjected to homophobic abuse from colleagues.
21 June 2012Malta: Gender identity and sexual orientation included in hate crime laws 10 The Maltese parliament has extended its hate crime laws for the first time to protect citizens on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity.
18 June 2012Report: Police training on HIV ‘outdated and stigmatising’ 18 A National AIDS Trust review of how police approach HIV suggests many constabularies in the UK have procedures based on unfounded concerns regarding transmission, which can fuel 'scaremongering' and 'mistreatment' for people living with the virus, the charity said.
18 June 2012Man searched at airport on suspicion of paedophilia ‘because he had a camera and a boyfriend’ 132 A gay man was stopped at Gatwick airport last year by a Border Force officer who suspected he was 'involved in paedophilia' because he had a camera and a boyfriend, a report into controls at the airport has revealed.
15 June 2012Ontario approves trans discrimination protections 5 Lawmakers in the Canadian province of Ontario voted to protect people from discrimination on the grounds of gender identity this week.
14 June 2012Law Society backs equal marriage, says faiths will not be forced to marry gay couples 108 The Law Society, which represents solicitors in England and Wales, has lent its support to equal marriage rights for gay couples and called for faiths to be allowed to perform gay weddings if they so choose, saying the European Court of Human Rights has shown it is 'not going to force religious groups to conduct same-sex marriages'.
12 June 2012Kuwait: Trans man arrested for ‘imitating opposite sex’ 8 A transgender man has been arrested as Kuwait continues a campaign against ‘immorality’ which includes LGBT people among its targets.
11 June 2012Manchester: Police appeal after body found in gay village canal 10 Police in Manchester are appealing for information after a man's body was found this weekend in a canal in the city's gay centre.
8 June 2012Portsmouth police appeal after gay man robbed at knifepoint in car 10 Police in Portsmouth have issued an e-fit of a man wanted for questioning after a gay man was robbed at knifepoint having entered a car expecting sex.
6 June 2012Tunisia rejects UNHRC recommendation to decriminalise gay sex 98 Tunisian minister of human rights, transitional justice and spokesman of the Tunisian government, Samir Dilou has rejected a recommendation by the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) to decriminalize same-sex acts, stating that sexual orientation was a western concept which is incompatible with Islam, Tunisian culture and traditions.
6 June 2012Dubai: Man jailed for gay relationship after partner dies in window fall 23 A 24-year-old man in Dubai has been sentenced to a year in prison and subsequent deportation after his gay relationship was discovered when his partner fell from a window.
6 June 2012Ireland: Bid to overturn laws prohibiting gay marriages welcomed 29 A new legal challenge has been launched in Ireland to test the country's legislation which currently prohibits gay marriages from taking place.
1 June 2012Manhunt continues for ‘killer bisexual porn actor’ + The hunt for a man who is believed to have murdered and dismembered a male lover and sent parts of his body to government officials has continued today.
1 June 2012St Petersburg judge ‘rules LGBT event bans were unlawful’ 10 A judge in St Petersburg has ruled that bans on gay events put in place by officials under city's 'gay propaganda' legislation were unlawful, it has been reported.
1 June 2012French prime minister: Equal marriage and adoption laws to be introduced ‘quickly’ 30 The French prime minister Jean-Marc Ayrault told a French television station this morning a change in legislation to allow gay couples to marry and adopt children will be done 'quickly' and that a draft is 'ready'.
31 May 2012California senate approves ban on ‘gay cure’ therapy for minors 10 The Californian state senate last night approved a bill to ban the use of so-called conversion therapies on minors which attempt to alter their sexual orientation.
Articles about Law
- Amendment calls for question of equal marriage to be decided in 2015 referendum+
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Blue to headline Pride Bristol+
- In meeting with Archbishop of Canterbury, the Pope does not specify marriage as between man and woman2
- New straight civil partnerships amendment tabled for equal marriage bill in House of Lords9
- Gay police officer leaves Savile inquiry job in order to take part in Big Brother3
- Chris Brown starts equality campaign and vows to stand up for gay rights10
- Son of US Senator under fire for posting racist and homophobic tweets9
- Labour MEP Michael Cashman: Putin’s ‘hate speech’ has resulted in the ‘barbaric killing’ of gay Russian men4
- Lord Carey tables amendment to undermine equal marriage bill by calling for ‘two tiered’ marriage20
- Survey: LGBT acceptance at all time high in US, but discrimination remains+
- US: GOP Senator says he thinks businesses should be able to sack people for being gay28
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages' 60
- Australia: Radio host sacked for asking Prime Minister Julia Gillard if her partner is gay43
- Video: Married binational gay couple kept apart by DOMA urges US Supreme Court strike-down22
- Scottish trans woman 'forced' to leave town after she was branded a 'witch'21
- Lord Carey tables amendment to undermine equal marriage bill by calling for 'two tiered' marriage20
- Gay police officer leaves Savile inquiry job in order to take part in Big Brother 3
- French Olympic swimmers pose as 'imaginary gay couple' for anti-homophobia campaign12
- US: Gay Catholics to turn their backs on Cardinal who compared Pride to Ku Klux Klan rally11
- In Photos: As One in the Park 201317
- Daily Mail's Andrew Pierce: I'm called a 'homophobe' and 'Uncle Tom' for opposing equal marriage102
- Tory Lord Mawhinney tables 'traditional marriage' amendment for equal marriage bill61
- Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning 'traditional marriage'60
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages'60
- Baroness Knight: The gays are still good at antiques and Section 28 was right59
- Lord Hylton tables new wrecking amendment for the equal marriage bill55
- French mayor: 'I will go to the gallows' before performing a same-sex wedding52
- Labour's Clause 20 sex education amendment fails in the Commons50
- Pope Francis: There is a 'gay lobby' at the heart of the Vatican 'it exists'49
- YouGov poll: Next Doctor Who actor being straight less important than being male and British45
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage