4 March 2013Poland: Former president says the place for gay people in parliament is ‘behind a wall’ 39 Lech Walesa, a former Polish President famous for his human rights campaigns, caused outrage after he said that gay people should have a minor role in politics to reflect their minority status in a TV interview.
4 March 2013Peter Tatchell claims Reading University colludes with far-right extremist Muslim Society 24 Peter Tatchell writes about last week’s decision of Reading University's Student Union to cancel an event where the anti-gay Islamic preacher Abu Usamah at-Thahabi was due to attend.
22 February 2013Peter Tatchell recalls: The dirtiest, most violent & homophobic election in Britain 25 Ahead of Sunday’s 30th anniversary, Peter Tatchell shares his memories of the south London Bermondsey by-election, arguably the “most homophobic” in living memory.
21 February 2013Comment: ‘Concern’ for the children of gay parents is just 2013′s acceptable face of bigotry 14 Writing for PinkNews, Christopher Gen argues that "concern" for the children of gay parents is just 2013′s acceptable face of bigotry; he argues that this isn’t a ‘gay rights’ issue – it’s a human rights one.
4 February 2013Ghana: Anti-gay critics say new children’s minister will ‘promote homosexuality’ 8 Ghana's new children's minister has been accused of supporting gay rights by her critics even though she denies stating that homosexuality should be legalised.
24 January 2013Amnesty International releases report on ‘horrid’ state of LGBT rights in Cameroon 1 Amnesty International has renewed its pressure on Cameroon to change its anti-gay laws with a report released today.
24 January 2013Egypt: Campaigners say life has gotten worse for gay people since the Arab Spring 11 Despite the hopes of gay people who took part in the 2011 revolution, the climate in Egypt seems to be increasingly homophobic, a human rights group has warned.
23 January 2013Canada: Students’ ‘Free Speech Wall’ torn down by self-titled gay rights activist 27 A student claiming to be an LGBT activist tore down a "Free Speech Wall" created by his fellow students at Carleton University in Canada, stating that not all opinions deserved to be expressed.
22 January 2013Anti-gay evangelist Scott Lively: ‘Gays will crush religion and persecute Christians’ 73 An anti-gay preacher from the US has attacked the gay rights movement, accusing it of attempting to "crush" religious liberty, and that it seeks to "persecute" Christians.
22 January 2013Chicago: Transgender man prevented from using men’s shower room at spa 18 A transgender man has filed a complaint with the Illinois Department of Human Rights after the manager of a Chicago spa asked him not to use the men's shower room.
21 January 2013Peter Tatchell: The UK should look at lowering the age of consent to 14 124 Peter Tatchell sets out reasons why consideration should be given to reducing the age of consent - providing it is accompanied by earlier, better quality sex and relationship education:
21 December 2012UK: New head of the High Courts Family Division is a strong supporter of gay equality 7 The new head of the High Court's Family Division, Lord Justice (James) Munby, is a strong supporter of equality for gay people.
11 December 2012Uganda anti-gay law protest takes place outside London embassy + Campaigners have staged a protest outside the Ugandan embassy in London over the country’s pending Anti-Homosexuality Bill.
27 November 2012US discusses anti-gay bill with Uganda 16 The US State Department’s envoy to Africa has met with Uganda’s parliamentary speaker Rebecca Kadaga, who has promised to pass the country’s notorious Anti-Homosexuality bill as a “Christmas gift”.
19 November 2012US: Trans prisoner requests electrolysis, and for court to refer to her as female 5 A trans woman prisoner incarcerated in an all male prison has requested electrolysis hair removal, and for the court to refer to her as female during ongoing proceedings, resulting in an appeal from prison officials.
5 September 2012Comment: Let me tell you all about ‘pinkwashing’ 68 Writing for PinkNews.co.uk university student and LGBT campaigner Gary Spedding warns of the dangers of separating LGBT rights from human rights when profiling individual countries.
1 August 2012Bid to decriminalise gay acts in Northern Cyprus at European court 11 The European Court of Human Rights has registered a case to decriminalise homosexuality in Northern Cyprus, the last place in the Council of Europe where being gay is a criminal offence.
26 July 2012Peter Tatchell ‘still serially excluded’ from Downing Street 60 Human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell has said the coalition government is continuing its Labour predecessors' 'serial exclusion' of him from Downing Street events.
20 July 2012European court to hear life tariff appeal for killer of gay men 41 European judges will hear an appeal from three British murderers, including one who killed four gay men, that the 'life tariffs' on which they are imprisoned violate their human rights.
18 July 2012Canada: Gay couple win human rights case after being barred from B&B 10 A gay couple in British Columbia, Canada, have won their human rights case against a Christian B&B which refused to let them stay.
Articles about Human Rights
- US: Boy Scouts vote on gay members set for 23 May+
- New York: Police say man shot in Greenwich Village was victim of homophobic hate crime+
- Finland’s pro-equality ‘Marry Me’ places 24th in Eurovision final4
- Eurovision: Same-sex kisses feature in songs for Finland and host Sweden2
- US: Owner of florist sued for refusing same-sex wedding files lawsuit against state21
- Mixed martial arts fighter fined $20,000 and suspended for three months for anti-gay slur3
- France: President Francois Hollande signs equal marriage bill into law8
- Gay MP Mike Freer accuses fellow Tories of attempting to “derail” equal marriage bill8
- Church of England: Allowing straight civil partnerships would ‘introduce confusion’22
- Georgia: Prime Minister denounces violence against IDAHOT rally5
- Eurovision: Same-sex kisses feature in songs for Finland and host Sweden2
- Finland's pro-equality 'Marry Me' places 24th in Eurovision final4
- New York: Police say man shot in Greenwich Village was victim of homophobic hate crime0
- Turkey urged to broadcast Eurovision following TV station cancellation over lesbian kiss14
- Birmingham: LGBT sports centre to be opened by naked charity calendar stars Warwick Rowers11
- Daniel Radcliffe: When filming Kill Your Darlings, I was given 'step-by-step' gay sex scene instructions17
- Video: Equal marriage parody of Finland's 2013 Eurovision entry goes viral3
- Scotland: Trans woman threatened with ban from shopping centre for using ladies' toilets29
- Video: Finland's pro-equal marriage Eurovision entrant stages lesbian kiss and gets into final15
- Church of England: Allowing straight civil partnerships would 'introduce confusion'22
- Tory MP Nadine Dorries: 'The gay marriage bill is taking the sex out of marriage'89
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'68
- Bret Easton Ellis slams GLAAD and says gay basketball player Jason Collins treated like a 'baby panda'65
- US Radio host: Gay news websites are covered with porn that is turning teens gay62
- Lib Dem MP Sarah Teather tells Catholic newspaper 'I never went into politics to tackle equal marriage'59
- Tory MP David Burrowes: 'I'm not anti-gay; I'm just pro-marriage'57
- Christians called to pray at Parliament in opposition to equal marriage bill56
- Russia: Tortured and killed gay man was 'raped with beer bottles'55
- Tory MP David Burrowes: I only want a referendum on same-sex marriage so I can defeat the government's bill54
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage