23 April 2013US: Nevada Senate passes bill to initiate repeal equal marriage ban + The Senate in the US state of Nevada passed a bill on Monday to begin the repeal of a voter-approved constitutional amendement banning equal marriage.
23 April 2013French Parliament passes same-sex marriage and adoption in final vote 69 France has become the 14th nation in the world to legalise same-sex marriage, as their Parliament passed it in a final vote after months of debate and heated protest.
23 April 2013US: Government says Family Research Council shooter should get 45 years 9 Prosecutors say Floyd Corkins who planned a mass killing at the headquarters of an anti-gay Christian lobbying group should spend 45 years in prison.
23 April 2013Paraguay’s new President apologises for saying he would ‘shoot himself’ if his son were gay 14 The newly elected Paraguayan President who said he would "shoot himself in the testicles", if his son got married to a man, has apologised for the comments.
22 April 2013Malta: Gay and trans council appointed to advise on introduction of same-sex civil partnerships 11 A consultative council has been appointed by the ruling Labour government to give recommendations and prepare upcoming legislation relating to LGBT people.
22 April 2013Bill Clinton: My daughter Chelsea helped me change to support gay rights 9 In his acceptance speech at the GLAAD Media Awards last weekend, former US President Bill Clinton, noted his daughter's part in his change in stance on the issue of equal marriage.
22 April 2013Northern Ireland: Equal marriage legislation to be debated by Assembly 8 A motion calling for legislation in Northern Ireland to allow for same sex marriage will be debated by the Stormont Assembly on the 29th April 2013.
22 April 2013France: Couple plan to hold first same-sex wedding in Montpellier 6 Ahead of the French Parliament's final vote on equal marriage, a couple are planning to wed in the southern city of Montpellier, in a ceremony which is set to prove to be symbolic, in the face of strong opposition to equal marriage.
22 April 2013US: Church considering recognition of same-sex marriages and ordination of gay priests 3 The national conference of the Community of Christ Church has recommended that it change its policy to recognise same-sex marriages
22 April 2013New Zealand MP who gave viral pro-equal marriage speech invited onto Ellen Show 9 A New Zealand MP whose powerful speech following the country's vote to legalise equal marriage last week went viral, has been invited onto the Ellen show by host Ellen DeGeneres.
21 April 2013France: Tens of thousands rally ahead of marriage equality vote 65 Tens of thousands of demonstrators wore blue and pink to march on Paris in opposition to equal marriage today.
21 April 2013France: Eleventh hour anti-equal marriage protests expected 58 Demonstrations against the predicted passing of France's equal marriage bill are expected to take place today, with Parisian authorities braced to cope with mass protests.
20 April 2013US: Second lawsuit filed against florist which refused to serve same-sex wedding couple 34 A second lawsuit has been filed against a florist in the US state of Washington which refused to provide its services to a same-sex wedding, citing religious objections.
20 April 2013US: Nevada equal marriage bill amended for religious protection ahead of Senate vote 19 An equal marriage bill in the US state of Nevada has been subject to an amendment to add protections for religious groups, which says none would be forced to perform same-sex marriages.
19 April 2013Brazil: Court rules that gay couples can marry in Rio de Janeiro state 17 A court in Rio de Janeiro means that the state is the 11th in Brazil to recognise same-sex marriages, although there are conflicting reports about the way that the judgement will be applied.
19 April 2013Poll: US Republican Senator Rob Portman loses some support over pro-equal marriage stance 1 Hardline US Republican Senator Rob Portman, who last month reversed his opposition to equal marriage, has lost some support, mainly from members of his own party, a survey has found.
19 April 2013France: MPs come to blows during equal marriage debate in parliament 38 The equal marriage debate in France has come to blows as French Parliamentarians engaged in a heated debate around the issue.
19 April 2013Video: French filmmaker reaches out to those opposed to equal marriage: ‘Fear not’ 6 A French filmmaker has posted a YouTube video of himself addressing those in France opposed to legalising equal marriage, in which he reaches out to them, and gives reassurances around common misconceptions linked to same-sex marriage.
19 April 2013Australia: Liberal leader Tony Abbott shifts position on party’s same-sex marriage stance 25 Australia’s opposition leader is suggesting his party will decide its position on equal marriage after September's election.
18 April 2013Video: French men stage ‘topless’ anti-equal marriage protest 52 A group of men in France have declared "No to Gay Marriage" by taking their shirts off in the streets as a demonstration of how the government's push for marriage equality is threatening their freedom.
Articles about Gay Wedding
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’9
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder7
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’4
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’36
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur59
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'36
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage