17 May 2013National AIDS Trust: ‘Passing equal marriage will help in the fight against the UK’s HIV epidemic’ 5 The National AIDS Trust is repeating its call to legalise equal marriage “as an important step to challenging the homophobia which fuels the UK's HIV epidemic”.
17 May 2013William Hague marks International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia 9 Foreign Secretary William Hague has released a statement of support to mark International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.
7 May 2013Brian Sewell attacks ITV’s Vicious as ‘spiteful parody’ with audience down by 2 million 55 With the show down 2 million viewers for its second episode controversial art critic Brian Sewell says ITV’s new sitcom Vicious reminds him of a less progressive period for gay people.
30 April 2013UKIP LGBT group: ‘We really need more candidates from the socially liberal side of society’ 94 UKIP's affiliated LGBT group has once again criticised several members for making offensive remarks – and say they plan to contact UKIP leader Nigel Farage.
25 April 2013Two years on and still no justice for South African lesbian murder victim Noxolo Nogwaza 4 Family, friends and campaigners are remembering Noxolo Nogwaza, a young lesbian in South Africa, who was raped and murdered two years ago this week after a night out with friends.
23 April 2013Singapore: Couple take country’s gay sex ban to Court of Appeal 17 A same-sex couple in Singapore have launched a legal appeal to overturn an archaic law criminalising sex between men.
19 April 2013Boy Scouts of America proposes dropping gay ban for youth members but retaining it for gay adult leaders 21 The Boy Scouts of America is proposing to lift the ban on gay youth members but continue to exclude gay adults as leaders.
19 April 2013Zimbabwe: Campaigners mark country’s independence with call for LGBT rights + With Zimbabwe marking 33 years of independence, campaigners are using the anniversary to remind people that the country is still a long way from securing LGBT rights.
18 April 2013European Parliament relaxes visa restrictions on Ukraine despite looming anti-gay bill 4 Efforts to halt the European Parliament’s decision to relax visa restrictions on Ukraine, due to the country’s support for homophobic legislation have failed.
15 April 2013Former Commonwealth human rights head becomes Kaleidoscope Trust chair + LGBT charity the Kaleidoscope Trust has elected a former Commonwealth human rights senior official as its new chair.
15 April 2013Zambia: Lawmakers seek to ban ‘homosexuality’ and ‘lesbianism’ in new constitution 14 Lawmakers in Zambia are pushing ahead with plans to further ban same-sex activity in the country’s new constitution.
12 April 2013South African cardinal: ‘I can’t be accused of homophobia because I don’t know any homosexuals’ 65 A South African cardinal has rejected accusations that he is homophobic, saying it is impossible because he knows no gay people.
12 April 2013London: Christian teacher banned after branding gay people ‘disgusting’ in front of class 80 A classroom ban on a Christian school teacher who condemned the “homosexual lifestyle” in front of pupils has been upheld by the High Court.
10 April 2013Ed Miliband: Gay people were left ‘stigmatised’ by Margaret Thatcher’s Section 28 20 Ed Miliband has joined his political rivals in paying tribute to Margaret Thatcher, but says her support for Section 28 caused gay people to be “stigmatised”.
3 April 2013Brazil: Anti-gay evangelical politician who believes ‘AIDS is a gay cancer’ appointed to run human rights commission 28 A row has erupted in Brazil after the House of Representatives elected an evangelical politician with homophobic views to run the country's Human Rights and Minority Commission.
26 March 2013UK Black Pride announces partnership with Pride in London 34 UK Black Pride has announced that it will feature in the capital’s main gay festival for the first time on Saturday 29 June.
21 March 2013Archbishop of Canterbury to discuss gay rights with Peter Tatchell 28 The Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby has agreed to meet with Peter Tatchell after the human rights campaigner urged him to support LGBT equality in an open letter.
19 March 2013London: LGBT mental health service Outcome faces uncertain future 4 A charitable service in north London which supports LGBT people with mental health issues could be forced to close.
13 March 2013UK: LGBT community urged to give up cigarettes as part of No Smoking Day 13 With figures showing LGBT people are more likely to smoke compared to heterosexuals, LGBT smokers are being encouraged to quit as part of No Smoking Day.
12 March 2013US gay religious group says the Catholic Church must stop harming LGBT people 11 As cardinals begin voting for a new Pope, an American LGBT religious organisation says the successor to Pope Benedict XVI must “end the immense harm the Catholic Church has caused” to LGBT people.
Articles about Gay People
- UK: Ugandan rapist who claimed he was at risk of homophobic persecution deported3
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship8
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but we don’t do them18
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’10
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote15
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people55
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 63
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'50
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained18
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur63
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage