7 December 2011New “rainbow coalition” to back marriage equality in Scotland 23 Amnesty International, the Scottish NUS and the Equality Network are among groups forming a coalition this morning to back the proposal for same-sex marriage.
6 December 2011Call for views on gay marriage before Scottish consultation closes 10 The Equality Network is calling for equal marriage supporters to have their say in the government's public consultation on extending marriage rights to gay couples before Friday's deadline.
3 November 2011Over a third of Ireland’s older LGBT people fear rejection in society 6 Study commissioners say report highlights progress of last 20 years, but also problems facing today's older population.
10 October 2011Catholic archbishop urges Scottish parishes to oppose gay marriage 72 The Archbishop of Glasgow, Mario Conti, has written to all Scottish parishes to urge them to oppose plans to give gay couples the right to marry.
9 September 2011Archbishop of Glasgow hits out at ‘foolish’ gay marriage supporters 87 Another Scottish Catholic leader has attacked proposals to bring marriage equality to the country.
12 August 201161 per cent of Scots support gay marriage 83 A large majority of Scottish people now support marriage equality.
6 May 2011Activists call for gay marriage progress after SNP win 53 The SNP are to form Scotland's first ever majority government after their victory in yesterday's election.
13 January 2011Ireland recognises foreign gay marriage and partnerships 25 Gay couples living in Ireland who have married or had a civil partnership abroad will be recognised as civil partners from today.
4 January 2011Irish civil partnerships come into law 27 Ireland's civil partnership law came into force at the weekend, although gay couples must wait until early April to hold their ceremonies.
28 January 2010Irish civil partnerships bill progresses through parliament 17 A bill to allow gay couples the right to civil partnerships is making progress through the Irish parliament.
Articles about Equality Network
- Russia: LGBT rights group fined 500,000 rubles under ‘foreign agent’ law+
- Amendments urging for civil registrars to opt out of equal marriage ceremonies withdrawn from bill1
- Gay fashioner designer Stefano Gabbana sentenced for tax evasion10
- US: Third Republican Senator comes out in favour of equal marriage1
- South Africa: Gay imam spreads message of empowerment when it comes to homosexuality and Islam4
- South Australia officially congratulates New Zealand on equal marriage, ahead of introduction of its own bill+
- Watch LIVE: House of Lords debates same-sex marriage amendments+
- Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans: ‘I continue to refute all allegations’+
- Maltese Prime Minister: A civil unions bill is to be introduced by the end of this year1
- More congregations leave Church of Scotland in row about ministers in same-sex relationships6
- Liberace's ex-lover claims he had six year relationship with Michael Jackson17
- Brazil: Lawmakers approve bill which would remove ban on 'gay cure' therapy 22
- Live blog: Highlights from the House of Lords committee on same-sex marriage22
- Tory MP John Glen criticises Bishop of Salisbury for voicing support for equal marriage25
- Michelle Shocked to return to San Francisco during Pride Week, to clarify her feelings following anti-gay rant17
- Gay dating website for 'homosensible' Catholic priests being run out of the Vatican19
- Poland: Prime Minister backs down and admits opposition to civil unions is too strong25
- Gay 'cure' therapy NHS ban motion gains cross-party support4
- US: Attorney representing lesbian teenager charged for relationship with younger girl asks judge to step down13
- Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans re-arrested on new indecent assault allegations—
- New 'Gay Marriage No Thanks' group launches with 'ten good reasons' to oppose equal marriage86
- Lord Tebbit: I wouldn't have been surprised if Jimmy Savile was homosexual84
- Archbishop of York: Would the Church of England rather bless 'sheep and trees' than gay couples?84
- Barry Cryer brands ITV's Vicious 'homophobic' television83
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages'69
- Lib Dems' Baroness Williams to support anti-equal marriage 'union' amendment69
- Maria Miller tables Public Order Act amendment protecting critics of equal marriage66
- Labour MSP Elaine Smith: 'I'm against equal marriage but don't call me homophobic'64
- Tory Lord Mawhinney tables 'traditional marriage' amendment for equal marriage bill62
- Lord Hylton tables new wrecking amendment for the equal marriage bill62
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage