15 May 2013Shops near David Cameron’s office complain of lost takings due to anti-gay marriage protests 17 Retailers close to David Cameron's constituency office have claimed that their takings are down due to anti-gay marriage protestors.
14 May 2013PinkNews nominated for top online news award 5 PinkNews.co.uk has been nominated for the Online Media Awards 2013 in the Best Campaigning/Investigative Journalism category.
9 May 2013DUP MP William McCrea: ‘David Cameron has no mandate for his same-sex marriage bill’ 20 DUP MP Dr William McCrea has criticised David Cameron for pushing ahead with the same-sex marriage bill and says “no party has a mandate for that change.
8 May 2013Stephen Williams: Same-sex marriage is a great social reform but I’m waiting for Prince Charming 13 Stephen Williams, the openly gay Liberal Democrat MP for Bristol West has named same-sex marriage as one “great social reforms of this Parliament” in his loyal address welcoming the Queen’s Speech.
8 May 2013Gay equality critic Nadine Dorries reinstated as Conservative MP 20 Equal marriage critic Nadine Dorries has been reinstated as a Conservative MP, having been suspended by the party following her appearance on the TV reality show I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.
7 May 2013Conservative Home Editor: Scrapping equal marriage bill ‘would leave David Cameron looking weak’ 7 The Catholic editor of influential Conservative website Conservative Home has said that, despite opposing equal marriage, he does not think that David Cameron should bow to pressure to scrap the bill to legalise it.
7 May 2013William Hague rejects change of direction on equal marriage to tackle UKIP threat 28 William Hague has rejected the suggestion that the government should change direction on issues such as equal marriage and immigration, to win back voters lost to UKIP in last week's local elections.
7 May 2013Senior Tory Councillor: It is a shame that some voters have gone to UKIP over equal marriage 15 A senior Conservative county councillor has expressed disappointment at the fact that ballot papers in last week's local elections were spoiled by voters who voiced their opposition to equal marriage.
6 May 2013Tory MPs urge David Cameron to scrap equal marriage bill over UKIP threat 84 David Cameron, has been urged to scrap the equal marriage bill, in an effort to attempt to win back voters who chose UKIP over his party in last week's local elections.
5 May 2013Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans will return to the Commons for the State Opening of Parliament + Nigel Evans, the openly gay Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons, will return to Westminster for the State Opening of Parliament next week.
4 May 2013Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault of two men + It is being reported that the Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons, the openly gay Conservative MP Nigel Evans, has been arrested on suspicion of rape of one man and the sexual assault of another.
4 May 2013Norman Tebbit: Ban on straight civil partnerships is discrimination, ban on gay marriage is not 137 The former Conservative Party chairman Norman (Lord) Tebbit has told a PinkNews reader that the ban on same-sex marriage is not discriminatory, but the current system of not allowing heterosexual couples to enter into a civil partnership is.
3 May 2013UK: Government tells PinkNews no need for Queen’s Speech to mention equal marriage bill 70 With Parliament already dealing with the issue, there is no need for the Queen to mention same-sex marriage in next week’s speech, a Downing Street source has confirmed to PinkNews.
3 May 2013UKIP candidate who published homophobic and biphobic flyers defeated in Staffordshire contest 21 UKIP candidate David Nixon, who distributed leaflets claiming legalising same-sex marriage would lead to explicit “Homosexual Sex Education”, has failed to be elected as the councillor for Stone Rural in Staffordshire.
1 May 2013Coalition for Marriage: David Cameron’s support for equal marriage explains the rise of UKIP 25 The Coalition for Marriage says David Cameron’s support for equal marriage explains why the Conservatives are expected to perform badly in Thursday’s local elections.
1 May 2013Oxfordshire: Anti-gay marriage activists deliver petition to David Cameron’s constituency office 40 Same-sex marriage opponents have delivered a postcard petition signed by 288 people to David Cameron’s Witney constituency office in Oxfordshire.
29 April 2013UK: Ethnic minority church leaders call for same-sex marriage referendum 63 Leaders representing more than a million British ethnic minority churchgoers have called for a referendum on equal marriage.
26 April 2013Staffordshire: UKIP election leaflet mocks bisexuals and warns of explicit ‘Homosexual Sex Education’ 222 The name of a UKIP candidate has appeared on an election leaflet that mocks bisexuals, blasts the government’s same-sex marriage bill, and warns that it will lead to explicit “Homosexual Sex Education”.
18 April 2013Nick Clegg notes Section 28 in denial of David Cameron’s claim that ‘we are all Thatcherites now’ 14 Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has strongly denied David Cameron's claim that "we are all Thatcherites now", and cited Section 28 as one of the things former prime minister Margaret Thatcher got wrong.
17 April 2013UK: Thatcher opponents stage funeral protests 40 A small group of protesters of Margaret Thatcher’s LGBT legacy have lined the route of the former PM's funeral in central London.
Articles about David Cameron
- UK: Ugandan rapist who claimed he was at risk of homophobic persecution deported+
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship2
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’14
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder14
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’9
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote14
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 60
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'44
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur60
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage